Chapter 12-2

-Chapter 12-2 (Alden's POV- Before the Party)-

Clenching my fists tightly, the picture of Jarrell and Rainie haunted me in my thoughts again.

Out of all the guys in the world, he had to be Jarrell. Coincidental? Doesn't seem convincing.

It was about time I should know what was going on behind the two of them. It finally occurred to me that the boy looked extremely alike to Jarrell. He came into my family since young, I should have realised earlier that it was him in the picture. Hiding the fact that they knew each other all along was probably the worst thing they should have ever done.

It didn't make sense how Jarrell would have humiliated her in front of everyone when they knew each other all along. Hell, Jarrell even liked her. The way he rested his hand on Rainie's shoulder intrigues me about their proximity and I can't help but get agitated when I see them so close together.

And yet, Jarrell have never mentioned about Rainie to me before. Though I have known that the picture was way back before he entered my house, but I thought I've known him at the back of my hands. I didn't like him messing Rainie up just he toyed with other girls. She was nothing like them. I wanted him to stay as far away as possible from her, and now that I know they knew each other it was my turn to show up.

With an overdose cologne, fashionable outfit and my signature smirk, I was ready for the party.

-Rainie's Party (Continuation from the Party)-

"Enjoying the party so far?" He asked.

"Yeah, you?" I replied honestly.

It was eight already, two hours past. It had been thirty minutes since Joanne went to the bathroom and have yet to come back. I wanted to message her to tell her my whereabouts, but sadly my phone was still missing. Since the backyard was pretty big, finding me would be quite a problem. Guess I'll have to use my telepathic abilities then.

However, there were also two possibilities to why she hadn't came back yet. One, that is she decided to ditch me and find her popular friends to hang out with. Two, she was flirting with the next-boyfriend-to-be. Whatever that is, she's getting it later.

"Nah, for alcoholics this place is boring." He yawned as we walked till a bench located the corner.

"You're an alcoholic?" I asked incredulously. He sat down on the bench and patted the seat next to him, gesturing me to sit down. The corner of the yard was pretty dark, because there were no side lamps placed considering that not a lot of students would loiter around here. I had Nyctophobia, alright and just by thinking of the dark made me shuddered in fear.

Goosebumps were starting to form on my bare skin, but neither did I want to ruin the conversation nor find another place to chat. Besides, if Alden wanted to talk to me privately, my guess is that it must be pretty serious for me to handle.

"Woah, I thought-" I immediately bit my lip shut. He must have been aware of what I was thinking of, which his lips formed into a slight smile. Who would have thought that he was a total addict on alcohol? Considering that almost all the guys in the school are alcoholics, he probably was not an exception.

"I turned on alcohol ever since I got dumped." He tensed up. "I have an unhealthy lifestyle, don't I." He tried laughing to lighten the mood, but I could feel him immobile and uneasy. "Let's not talk about it, shall we?"

"Sure," I muttered softly and asked, "So, you wanted to say to me just now?"

"Right." He fished out something from his pocket. It was dark and I knew nothing that was going on. What was he trying to say? Clearing his throat, I looked at the figure in front me. Feeling something landing on my hand, I dropped my head and felt the unknown object. Touching a bumpy circle, I pressed it and there was sudden flash of light shining at me. It was my long-lost phone!