Chapter 17

-Chapter 17-

"Don't you have any manners?" I heard a sexy voice behind me, making me ogle over the deep tone.

"Hello." I replied shyly.

"That's better. Now remind me why aren't we inside the ward?" He questioned as he stood behind me.

With great courage, I told him about how I managed to leave my presence from the ward, with a full detailed action summary of my great escape. Instead of the impressive look on his face, he burst into hysterical fits of laughter which sent me the entire hospital population's centre of attention. Oh yes, I was definitely honoured to get eye-raped, I must say.

“You’re really funny,” as he exaggeratedly wiped the tears off his face, “I see you’re really passionate about being a comedian, Rainie.” He patted me shoulder in commend for the considerable amount of effort I put into humor. Sarcasm, this was necessary for the well-being of me before a string of vulgarities start flowing out.

With an unpleasant scowl on my face, I demanded, "You better wipe that insulting grin on your face, Watsons. I can't guarantee your safety, and that is, you're going to die if you don't stop grinning."

"Oh, I'm sooo scared!" He mocked  in a high-pitched voice, dramatically.

"Seems like you don't know what's good for you, Watsons," I smirked evilly as his face held puzzlement. Shaking my head and sighing, I added on threateningly, "Don't be fooled by my small figure, there's nothing I can't do."

"Shit, you're going to play the violence card?" He mumbled under his breath, cursing. Remember how I made him groaned in pain the last time? The kicking of the shin was absolutely effective in terms of finding a jock's weakness. How I managed to aim at that specific area, all I can say is that I'm fully qualified under 'awesome'.

"I'm giving you three seconds to run. Be ready, Watsons."

"Shit, you're joking right? Your kick hurts like fuck, I -"

"Three." I tapped my foot impatiently.

"Fuck fuck fu-"

"Two." This time, I was all ready to kick ass. Realising the importance of keeping his balls intact, he ran off like a chicken flapping his wings about. Chuckling at his incomparable speed, I whispered 'one' before sprinting to give him a karate kick. An all-in karate kick, ready to show him the power of my strong leg as role-modelled from a self-certified black belt.

That's what you certainly deserve when you actually dare to hurt a woman's pride. If you're wondering why there wasn't a third-party aka known as Joanne, she had generously offered to head up to the ward first. I quoted, she explained her leaving was to give us 'romantic quality time to bond', which was just utter bullshit. Just admit it, she hated being extra.

While I was chasing Jarrell around the whole ground floor, the stupid phone had to ring. Pausing in my tracks to catch my breath as well, I picked up the call -which the ID 'Joanne' had left me completely frustrated. Who was the one who had thoughtfully allowed to give us 'romantic quality time to bond'?

Picking up reluctantly, her shouting deafened my ear to no extent. "RAINIE RAINIE RAINIE!"

"Jo, no need for such dramatic volume. I have perfect hearing, you know." I replied.

"Whatever! God, you need to listen to this news right now!" Her voice was filled with excitement. 

"I have to finish dealing with this one hell of a wimp first, what is it?" 

"YOUR FATHER'S AWAKE, GOON."

 --------------^^---------------

"You're nervous." Jarrell stated the obvious.