3.

The next day

5:59 A.M. My alarm is about to go off. I hate that sound. Do I get up? No. I roll over and close my eyes, begging for sleep to take me for just a moment longer.

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*

That damn thing. I get up and turn it off. I reach for my phone and put on some music, meaning the only two songs I listen to in the morning, "Before You Start Your Day" and "Holding On To You" both by 21 Pilots. I love them.

I groan as I push myself off my bed to walk to my closet.

"Lean with it, rock with it, when we gonna stop with it? Lyrics that mean nothing, we were gifted with thought. Is it time to move our feet to an introspective beat? It ain't the speakers that bump hearts, its our hearts that make the beat," I mumble as I slip on a loose tee stating, "Sometimes my mind wanders and other times it leaves completely." Its my favorite shirt. I pair it with some black skinny jeans and grey Converse. Next I move to my make up. A simple natural look, finished by my dirty blonde hair falling loosely around me.

I turn my music off as I head out the door to meet my best friend, Skylar, for a ride to school. Sell, her and her older brother. She only had her permit. I had nothing. Her brother had his license.

Skylar's brother, Lucas, and my brother, Brent, are both seniors. Sky and I are both freshman. It's annoying and great at the same time. Like, we know they won't let anything happen to us, but they continually pick on us. Brothers are greaat.

"So what are today's plans, guys?" Luc asks. Sky begins by telling Lucas about how her photography class is going on a field trip nexet week and how she'll be away, out in the woods for three days taking pictures with her partner, Dimitri, and how he's just so cute. After she finished, Lucas asked me what my plans were for the day.

"Well, I won't need a ride home.." I told them. They looked at me funny before cautiously asking why. I chuckled nervously before answering.

"Uhh, well. Yesterday, I decided to walk home, which you knew. Anyways. On the way home, I was stoppedbyNoahandhe'stakingmetohishousetoworkontheEnglishassignment," I blurted out in a rush.

Dead silence.

Then, "WHAT?! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US?? IM GOING TO KILL YOU. HOW COULD YOU WITH HOLD THAT?! WE'RE TALKING ABOUT NOAH SAVAGE HERE, PEOPLE. WHY??" Sky screamed. Ouch. Well.

The rest of the ride is silent until we pull into the student lot. Lucus turns the car off, but doesn't unlock the doors.

"I don't want you to be alone with him. He's a player. He'll hurt you, Dez. Please don't go. Bail, say you didn't feel well. Please don't let him near you. I know his tactics. I know how he plays. He tells you he wants to work on a project with you, but I promise, in five minutes or less, he'll have you on your back. It doesn't matter if you didn't plan to, or didn't want to. He tricks you. Don't go there, Dezzy, please. Please come home with us. I'll beat his ass if I need to, but I don't want you around him."

Lucas's warning was very unusual. He was protective, sure, but he was never this serious. I didn't see whybhe was so worried though. Sky was the one with a crush on the dick, not me. I knew how to handle myself. I'd be fine. But I had to get this project done, or Mrs. Glaskov was going to kill me. I had to go.