11. Awkward Seduction

Cinnia drew a shaky breath and stared at herself in the ornate floor-length mirror that stood against one of the walls of her room.  She had, with much difficulty and awkward help from Adorno, managed to remove her dress, and replaced it with one of the long, white night gowns that the Assembly Hall supplied to guests.  Her hair, which had earlier looked like it belonged to royalty, was now hanging loosely on her shoulders and down her back, in a tumbling mess.  She had told Adorno of what she was about to do, and he had promised to station himself right outside the door in case something went wrong.

She reached for the complimentary crystal glass of water and with shaky hands and brought it up to her lips.  With difficulty, she forced it past the growing lump in her throat.  She wiped her clammy hands on her dress and focused on her breathing, 'relax, Cinnia' she told herself.  She had never imagined that her first night with someone would happen in this way, and she felt disgusted.  But too much was at stake, she had decided, and knew that priorities had to be set.

A quiet knock came at the door, and before she had the time to answer, it opened slowly, revealing Derek.  He had a smug smile on his face, and was carrying a bottle of some kind of alcohol.  'Good' Cinnia thought to herself.

Derek approached her and set the bottle down on the table.  Cinnia grew, if possible, even more nervous.  She had never been seduced, and didn't know how to either, and therefore felt awkward.  Derek reached for two of the smaller, whisky glasses and poured two, giving one to Cinnia.  She noticed the ring around his finger.  He smiled over the rim, downed the liquid, and winked at her, "If I may say so, you look even better dressed like this."  He said as he looked her up and down.  Cinnia felt ridiculous, self-conscious, and like a piece of meat up for sale, being judged by a particularly hungry buyer.

He set the glass down and smiled even wider when he noticed how nervous Cinnia was.  He moved closer, and placed his hands on her hips.  When he began to move them to her more personal areas, she stopped him.  "I'm not that easy you know.  Make me interested"  She mustered up a flirty smile at the last sentence.

He stepped back and looked at her with even more interest.  "You're a strange one," He said and turned his back on her and poured himself another glass, "But I like it.".  Cinnia realized she had been holding her breath, and gasped quietly, feeling weak in the knees.  Derek was strange.  He was charming, revolting, and terrifying all at the same time.  He downed the second glass in a moment.

She stepped forward, knowing she had to keep him drinking.  She placed her hand on his shoulder, and slowly ran it down his back.  She grabbed the entire bottle off of the desk and bounded to the large, four-post bed.  She smiled at him secretly.  He smiled back, surprised but interested in her change of attitude.  She motioned for him to join her.

He sat next to her, on his knees.  Cinnia held the bottle forward, "Drink, if you can handle it." She dared, hoping his manly side would accept the challenge.   He smiled at her knowingly and winked before taking a large gulp, "Of course I can handle it.  I can handle anything." Derek slurred slightly.

Cinnia noticed that his gaze was growing less and less focused.  Derek placed the bottle on the side table.  In the next few happenings, Cinnia realized that the alcohol had made him more forceful.  He leaned forward, much too quickly, and took Cinnia's face in his hands.  Her breath hitched it her throat as he leaned forward and gently planted a kiss on her lips.  His touch grew hungry and with it, the kiss turned sloppy.  In a split moment of panic and guilt, Cinnia thought of Kieran, much to her own confusion.

She wished Kieran was there, to help her.

Derek's hand slid from her face to the buttons that lined the upper part of her night gown, and slowly began to undo them.  Cinnia suddenly found she still had power in her hands, and stopped him.  He leaned back, slightly annoyed, but excited.  "Two buttons left,"  Cinnia said and glanced down at her nightgown, "For each button, a drink."  She smiled and reached across the bed, got the bottle and handed it to Derek.