Chapter Two

Chapter Two

My feet tapped against the sidewalk as I made my way to the computer store. The wind bit at my skin, blowing my hair into my face, and I cursed myself for not bringing a heavier jacket. Looking up in the sky, I saw a huge, dark cloud, and wished that it wouldn't rain until after I got home.

I wouldn't be able to buy the computer today, since I have to order it. You can't buy computers right from the stores anymore. Ever since music was made illegal, all rules became more strict. Our nation isn't a democracy anymore-it's a dictatorship. Our president has made laws that you couldn't even guess unless you were as sick and twisted as him.

President Mitch Thomas came into the election innocent and filled with hopes and dreams-or so we thought. He caught the hearts of every American, and was voted into office. But right after the elections, his nice facade went away, and he revealed his true self; a cold-hearted, psychotic asshole.

He started his tirade by first saying that music wasn't allowed on TV, for educational reasons. Then, he said that the radio wasn't allowed, then finally he stopped albums from being imported into America, and made here. No one knows how he accomplished to do such heinous things, I for one thought he threatened the congress, but he did it, and that's the problem now.

When it came to the Internet, he knew that he wouldn't be able to take it away completely, since that's a big part of today, so he hired the best computer geeks around, and they made a new Internet, made especially for the U.S. He completely blocked out any access to the rest if the worlds websites.

However, he must've forgot that not all the computer geniuses worked for him because people found a way to break the wall blocking us from the true Internet. That's where I get all my music from.

I shook my head and continued walking through the streets. I was slowly getting into the bustling streets on New York, whee everyone was running around; either trying to return home, or just out for the night with their friends.

I found the computer store, and entered, letting the warmth of the store engulf me.

"May I help you?" The man from the counter asked. I looked up, and smile, walking towards him.

"Yeah, I'd like to order a new laptop."

~*~*~

After the long, and boring time at the store, I decided to roam around the city for a bit before I went home.

Nighttime was arriving, and I was glad I had my cellphone. People emerged from everywhere, ready for a night of fun and sightseeing.

I walked with my head low, trying to avoid any stares, because knowing this was New York, there was bound to be a thief somewhere.

Unfortunately for me, just as I thought that, I heard a couple cat calls from behind me. I turned my head to meet three gazes coming form men who were probably in their mid-twenties. They stood watching me before the most muscular and tallest guy called out.

"Hey, pretty lady! How's your night goin'?" He asked.

I stared at the man, shocked since I've never been in a situation like this before. I stuttered, trying to think of what to say and do. The men, however, just continued to laugh and started walking towards me.

"You look good in that outfit, but I bet you'd look better out of it." The shortest man said. His buds whooped and hollered, smacking hands while I just looked down.

So sweatpants and a t-shirt were attractive?

I looked up again with a raised brow, a sarcastic response on the top of my tongue, but I stopped short when I realized they were in front of me.