1. How it all started

It happened the first time.  I lost my virginity to my boyfriend and everything was about as wonderful as it could be.  It hurt, and Paul was not that great.  It was in the backseat of his mustang my senior year.  Afterword he wanted to all the time, but I couldn't.  Not after the dream I had.  After months of heavy petting and no dream, I finally agreed.  It was our graduation party.  Out in a random field we had kegs and a large bonfire.  Paul and I snuck off into the woods and did the deed.  It wasn't that much better than the first time, the sex wasn't.  The dream that struck my drunken stupor was worse.  Much much worse.  I woke up to paul, shaking me awake with wide frightful eyes.  We had camped out, the lot of us, and now I was sitting in my camping bag, red faced with everyone staring at me.
Some words were said between Paul and I, we broke up.  I found someone new in college, but the demon in my dream found me again.  I so desperately wanted him to go away, but he never would.  He was the reason I could never keep a boyfriend.  If I stayed over after sex, they would freak out and break it off.  If I didn't stay over, they would get insecure and break it off eventually.  I tried my best to stay away from sex, but a girl has needs, despite the consequences.  Mine came with a dull ache in my chest, letting me know I soon wouldn't be able to walk.  I pushed the issue for months at a time, but would break down and have a one night stand, always leaving before I fell asleep.  It worked out better that way, so I could have my night terrors in peace.

I remember the very first one.  The first time I met the demon.  I had been walking around in a house, a very odd house where there were no hallways, just rooms and rooms with only doors between the two and impossible to navigate.  I walked into a bedroom, leaving a kitchen behind and there were no more doors, I turned to leave back through the door I had come from, but it morphed into the wall.  I pounded on the wall and like all dreams, I stayed stuck.  I turned around in the red room, everything from the bed sheets to the dresser to the walls were red with no windows, and inhaled my breath in a gasp.  A red demon stood only a few feet away from me.  His claws were razor sharp and twice the length of his fingers.  He had red horns where his ears should be and a strip of blood red hair on top of his head in the form of a short mohawk.  I put my hands up to protect me and saw his devil spaded tail whip around.  He had on no clothes and I could see massive amounts of muscle on his thick frame.  He said one word to me, and I obeyed.  "Run."  That one word sounded foreign from his lips, but god did I understand.  I turned and ran through the door that appeared and kept running.  I could hear him laughing behind me, just one room away.

He didn't catch me that time, like a warning, but the next time he did.  His tail whipped out and caught my ankle, he was bending over me when I woke up.

My college boyfriend and one night stands were the worst ones though.  Those times he caught me, and played with me.  Running his pointy nose up my neck and smelling me.  I would wake up with tears streaming down my face my pillow soaked.  That's what ended relationships with me, that and my boyfriends didn't like to wake up to my screaming.

So knowing all of this, I put off sex as long as I could, but I couldn't wait any longer.  I wasn't that bad looking of a girl, but with the right clothes and makeup I was perfect material to be picked up by drunken boys.  I liked it better when they were drunk.  That way, they couldn't remember me as good and I wouldn't have to worry about seeing them on campus or them trying to build a relationship.  That's what I was doing tonight.

I had dressed up in a short red dress and coated on my makeup, straightened my hair and layered on perfume.  I was ready to get this over with, always silently praying that I wouldn't have that dream after.  That I wouldn't be chased by the devil.