Punishment

Hannah's P.O.V
      For the next week or so my mom sent maids up to feed me and then left. After the third week past she sent for a seamstress to make me a new dress. My mother came up to my room and told me that I would be being fit for a wedding dress. I was takin back by her telling me that I needed a wedding dress. "Why a wedding dress mother." I asked trying to sound patient and un-annoyed. My mother blinked, "W-well because your getting married my dear." My jaw dropped. "W-what, why, mom who am I marrying?" My mother smiled, "Well I thought you knew, ... Sir. Thomas Shack."  I smiled and then realized that I wasn't going to be wedd to Sir.Thomas Sharpe, but Sir Thomas Shack. The most unkind, childlike, man in the town. "But mom, no, noo, mother I will not suffice to marrying a child, and it is my choice on who I do and don't marry." She again smiled and blinked, "I'm sorry dear but, the papers have been signed." I pushed her out and slammed the door I fell on my bed and cried. I didn't want to marry him. I wanted to get to know Thomas, I wanted Thomas Sharpe, not stupid Sir. Thomas Shack. I soon fell asleep and dreamt of red roses and and black horses. All was good until I found that all was leading to Thomas Shack. I tried to run but was held by invisible forces until I realized they were his hands we were standing at the alter "if any does not wish for these two to be wedd then for ever hold your peace." Then there was a shout from the crowd a familiar kind voice, but it did shout, "I, I wish not for these two to be wedd."Then from the crowd up stood Thomas Sharpe. My mother, also in the crowd tried to get him to sit back down he shoved her hands off him, scowling at her, then steeping out into the pathway between the seats, then smiling out reached his arms. I smiled and pulled my hands free of stupid Thomas Shack and ran over to the Thomas I wanted. He embraced me in his arms and leaned in for a kiss, but then everything began to shake. Well that's what I thought until I awoke and realized that my maid was shaking me awake for the seamstress had arrived. I stood up and brushed my hair out of my eyes. The maid rushed out of the room as I slipped my nightgown off and slipped a corset on. The seamstress stood behind me and pulled. Oh how I hated corsets. Although my mother wanted me to be thin and trim for my wedding. So on went the corset and up went my boobs. God I hated this torture. A soon as I looked like an hourglass she measured my waist, then stomache, and my height. There was almost nothing she didn't measure. She  then pulled out white fabric after, white fabric after, white fabric out of her trunk and matched them to my eyes and skin. She matched everything the shoes, the earrings, the dress, even the undergarments. Once she had finished I took it all off and neatly folded it lying it in my closet. I then thanked her and sent her in her way. As soon as she left though I went to my closet and made it into rope. I tried one end to my bed the other dangling from my two story window. I slipped into a old used dress that had been covered in paint and jumped out my window clinging to the ropes as soon as I got to the ground I slipped off my shoes and left them there knowing they would be no good while trying to get to Thomas's for help. That was my plan and I hoped it would work.