Chapter 19

5 hours earlier

"Have we found anything yet Bob ?" Mitchell asked walking into the forensic room and pulling white gloves on. Detective Hart followed behind, his eyes examining all of the bodies. The room was cold making the hairs on detective Hart's neck stand on end.

"Blimey its nippy in 'ere ain't it." He laughed, folding his arms. The technician looked up from one of the bodies, his glasses resting on the end of his nose and sighed.

"Yes Detective Hart it is rather nippy in here for a reason. We need to preserve these bodies for as long as possible till we get what we need." He walked around the trolley and grabbed a clipboard from it. He peered through his glasses at the writing and leaned back.

"On the much older bodies it was hard to find any sort of evidence, but on the much somewhat fresher bodies we found a hair sample and dried blood that does not match any of the victims, its being processed straight away and we should have results by tomorrow or this evening." Bob relayed, putting the clipboard down and clapping his hands together.

Mitchell grinned in triumph, thanking Bob before he and Hart left the room.

"Wow, we might finally get our guy." Mitchell cheered as he walked alongside Hart back to the office.

"Uh huh, its been too long he needs to be put behind bars." Hart said, pressing the button for the lift. It pinged as it reached the basement and opened for them to get in.

"Exactly." Mitchell sighed checking his phone for the time. It read it 2:30pm he had an hour before his little girl finished school and she needed to be picked up.

"Can you finish up here ? I need to get Wendy." He asked, turning his attention to Hart who was busily typing on his phone.

"Yeh sure." He muttered never looking up, as they exited the lift.

"Thanks man I owe you one." He said, running out of the glass double doors towards the car park.

----
3 hours Earlier

He stood outside his daughters primary school, waiting for 3:30 to come, he was on edge and couldn't quite shake the feeling that someone was watching him. Something was not right and he could almost feel it. That is until his daughter came bouncing out of the school gate a wide grin on her face.

"Daddy." She sung, as he lifted her up and positioned her weight to the side.

"How was school ?"

"It was okay, martin drew on my picture again and Miss Applebe told him." She complained. "Oh I almost forgot, a teacher promised me to not show this to anyone but you." She grinned, shoving her hands into her pocket and pulling out two pieces of paper.

"See, I didn't open the man said only you can see it." She grinned, as he put her down and began to open the newspaper article, he scrunched his eyebrows together confused to why anyone would give his daughter this, then he opened the folded note and his whole world went black, there in bold black letters read the words

'LOOKING FOR ME ?'

His vision blurred as his head began pound and his knees buckle. He held his composure staring into the crowd of parents trying to find the man he was looking for.

"Sweetie, listen to me and listen to me carefully. What man gave you this ?"

Wendy bit her lip, swishing her blue dress around. "The teacher." She said, grabbing her fathers hand.

"But I don't think he was really a teacher because I saw him climb over the fence and go that way." She said pointing a finger towards the rows of trees that laced the school.