Epilogue

The steady beep of a heart rate monitor sounded in the background, whilst the low hum of a buzzing light sounded above. Eleanor sighed and turned to lie on her back, the sheets crisp and thin underneath her, wincing as the sudden movement radiated pain and crinkling her nose as the faint scent of bleach and antiseptics irritated her nose. She didn't quite know how long she was awake for let alone asleep for but the fatigue that rested heavy on her body was hard to ignore.

A curtain hung limply on the chrome railing above, the blue fading out from being washed a thousand of times. Her eyes fixed on the two moving shadows behind the curtain. She hears them murmuring, her chest tightening into a knot as she recognised the familiar melodic voice.

"How long do you recon she will be asleep for ?" The melodic voice queried.

"Its hard to tell these things Mrs Ainsworth, we just have to wait for the anesthetic to wear off."

"How long will that take ?" Her mother asked.

The heart monitor began to beep rapidly as Eleanor's hands grew clammy. The curtain whipped open and in ran her mum followed by a doctor, a look of utter concern plastered on her face. Her mother gasped and covered her mouth, crying at the sight of her daughter.

"Mum." Croaked Eleanor, engulfing her mother in an embrace.

"Thank you Lord." Her mother cried, clutching hard onto her daughter "Thank you." She whispered, pulling back to look at Eleanor.

"Oh Ella." She smiled, hugging her daughter again, whilst Eleanor cried into her shoulder.

"I've missed you so much." Eleanor sobbed, gripping onto her mother, afraid the minute she let go, all of this would disappear. The door opened and closed and in ran her younger sister followed by her father.

"Hey baby." Her father smiled, coming over and hugging her and kissing her on the forehead "still as beautiful as ever." He breathed, moving over to make way for her sister.

Someone cleared their throat in the background, and everyone turned to look at the two police officers in the room.

"If you don't mind, can we speak to Eleanor alone ?" The first officer said, staring at Eleanor.

Her father shook his head "anything you have to say can be said in front of us, we are not leaving her alone."

The officer bowed his head and sighed. "I'm afraid I have to be the bearer of bad news, but..." The officer coughed and tugged at his tie "we have been unable to locate a Mr Ryan Wilson, he was gone by the time we arrived-"

"How could this have happened ?" Her mother cried, holding onto Eleanor's hand as Eleanor shook violently in the bed, the heart rate monitor beeping faster. The doctor placed a hand on Eleanor's shoulder, helping her to calm down.

"Easy now." The doctor soothed.

"I assure you now Mr Ainsworth, we are doing everything in our power to catch this man, we have two officers outside the door and another patrolling the hospital not to mention others at your address for added safety, please note that we are doing our best to catch him." The first officer assured, walking further into the room.

"Now if you don't mind, can we take a statement from Eleanor ?"

Eleanor looked to her mother, who nodded a small smile on her lips.

"it's okay hun, i'll be right here if you'd like."

Eleanor nodded and turned to the officer, gulping down the lump in her throat and sighing

"Ok."

*****

Stupid boy

Foolish boy

Why can't you ever do anything right ?

He sighed deeply and winced as the pain in his head grew deeper, he raised it to the side and touched the gash that was steadily dripping out blood. He looked at his hand examining the crimson dripping down his fingers.

You're worthless

You're useless

You should have been the one to die not me

"Is that what you think ?" He murmured

The voice in his head remained silent.

He exhaled, rocking back and forth in the rocking chair on the patio. Staring intently at the picture of Eleanor in his hands, he traced a bloody finger over her face, anger boiling inside of him the longer he stared at it.

Frustrated he crumpled it into a ball and threw it on the ground.

"I'm coming for you Eleanor." He laughed staring up at the sky

"This time you won't get out alive. I'll make sure of that." He spat

"Theo is coming....."

****

A/N

As if I could ever kill off Eleanor and Theo haha.

TTOAE is officially finished !

Thank you everyone who supported this book from the get go !! Dedicating this to EVERYONE who spent their late nights up reading this and those who left nice comments and always voted.

Who knows .... There might be a prequel in the mix or perhaps a sequel ;)

I'm going to edit this book and make it better and maybe work on some different books ! Until then lovelies continue to show love and comment and vote !!

P.s. If anyone has any burning questions that they must find the answer to ! Comment on this page and i'll answer them.

-Savs x