Twilight Gal Chapter 2

-
Twilight Gal
Chapter 2
-
october ②⑦th, ①⑨④②
①⑤:③⑧
the mayor's
office
-
Midna sighed exasperated from all the work she had been doing for endless hours. She put her pen down finally and relaxed back in her chair, taking her glasses off, rubbing her forehead from all the tensions and nerve aching stress of work. A knock had come to the door. "Come in. It's open," she sighed. "Dear God, I'm slowly dying."
The same man had walked in from two hours ago and Midna sat up straight than slouching in her chair unladylike. "Madame, your partner," she cut him off.
"I don't need a partner, I told you, I work. Alone."
"He's right outside the door," he fixed his collar, "He wants to speak with you in private." She still had stern look.
"Let him in." She sat up waiting for her new recruit to come. In came walking the new recruit, dressed in a green button down shirt with leather brown suspenders and mocha brown khakis with a matching green fedora. He politely tipped his hat to her and smiled. "Please. Sit."
"Thank you." He pulled the chair open from the other side of the desk and sat casually waiting for a conversation to start.
"State your name and business please?"
"Link Hylispierre, a small town newspaper boy."
"Newspaper huh? How did you climb your way to the top of the office that fast?"
"Promotions and offers."
"Impressive."
"Thank you. I've heard word about your discoveries and works. It's a pleasure to meet you Miss. Von Twilette." He held a hand out to shake. She took the compliment and hand to shake. She softly let go and went back to serious business.
"So why do you want to be in the office from a newspaper boy?"
"To get better profit."
"I see. I work alone you know."
"I've been told many times you're a one woman show."
"Indeed."
"But you know not everyone can do everything alone, they always need someone by their side for a little help." He grinned lightly.
"I suppose," she still had a stern look. Her expensive watch started to beep. "That's my signal, work's done for me," She got up from her chair and pushed it back in, packing her things up, walking toward the door with a briefcase. "Also..." She paused her movement. "Call me Midna." She smirked.
-
Rate? 1/10