prologue

The Light Realm is the realm of the Guardians; angels of light. Their leader, Marcellus, was loved by each angel. Everyone strived to impress him, yet he didn't need impressing. His capacity for love was unconditional, and he showed this with his love for his wife Karen and, of course, his son Michael.

The Dark Realm is the realm of the Dark Ones; Angels of darkness. Their leader, Quentin, was a menace. Instead of leading his realm with love, he ruled it with fear. Dark Angels were born of hatred, not love. Quentin's son, Luke, was the first Dark One to be born of love.

On a routine visit to Earth, Marcellus was abducted by a man named David Hood. Well-known for his poaching of angel wings for profit, he was also known for his uncanny ability to capture Angels and subdue them quickly. Just enough time to chop off their wings and kill them. And this is what Marcellus had to go through. Karen was devastated. Michael wasn't sure as to what was going on. He was only four, after all. His wings weren't even able to lift him off the ground yet.

Feeling threatened by this new kind of Dark One, Luke's brother and Quentin's other son, Jack, made sure that Luke was sat at the front steps of an orphanage, in a small town on the outskirts of New York. Abandoned was the first baby born of love.

hello
it's me
i was wondering if you actually liked this idea