Ch 16: Or-freaking-gasmic.

Calla POV:

"Can we cut the crap now?"

Kaden looked to me wide eyed, "what?"

"Everyone was acting strange when my health came up."

Guilt flashed through his eyes, "I promise to tell you if anything serious happens love."

I frowned at him, "That means something serious could happen. Kaden tell me."

He sank into his office chair, gesturing me to come over to him.

I sat astride his lap, trying to figure out what he was about to tell me.

"As you know, the first year and a half of a changelings life is hard."

I nodded toying with his fingers.

"Sometimes changelings get sick."

My brow furrowed, "like a cold you told me."

"..no not like a cold baby, I didn't want you to panic while you were so sick so...so I  lied to you."

I stared up at him, "you lied to me?"

Kaden never lies to me.

His guilty look said it all though, "yes, I am so sorry."

"Is there a good reason?"

"Yes."

I bit my lip, "will you be honest with me now?"

He nodded, "That sick is a very rare disease that..." He closed his eyes, "It have a high mortality rate."

Oh god.

No. 

But things were getting better.

We made love again for the first time.

We started laughing together.

The loneliness was fading.

"...How high?"

He didn't answer for a long moment, "approximately 85%."

My heart dropped. "No.."

He smoothed my hair back, "but we caught it early, we can take ever counter measure possible. I'll do anything for you pet you know that."

"85% Kaden."

He nodded, "but everyone who has survived noticed the symptoms early."

"How?"

Kaden hesitated, "No one knows what causes it baby but I told you before that a changing is fragile remember?"

I nodded.

"It has a very high occurrence in abandoned changelings. Some people thing their bodies start to shut down from loneliness, others think its genetic, and even more so think its a failure in the changing process in the first place."

I shook my head, tears springing to my eyes, "but..But i'm not lonely anymore Kaden and my mom was always so healthy and even you said my change went very very well."

"I know baby, please don't cry."

I sniffled. curling into him, "I already died once isn't that enough?"

He stroked my back, "its more than enough which is why we are going to take care of this. You trust me right?"

"Yes. Of course."

He kissed my forehead, "then I need you to listen when I tell you to stay calm and not excite your body too much okay?"

I nodded.

"And you can't go run around the gardens anymore."

"Okay."

"Take whatever I tell you to."

"Of course."

"And feed regularly."

I paused on this one. "I won't bite you."

"Its not contagious."

I shook my head, "no. I won't."

Kaden was quiet for another long moment, "okay, I'll drain some of my blood for you, whatever make you happy and keeps you calm we can postpone your learning until after you get better I just want you to relax and be happy."

Nodding I leaned into him, "you will still cuddle with me even if I get all gross again?"

He kissed the top of my head, "I'll hold your hair back and help you clean up after if you want, hell if you get sick again I would prefer if you were to cling to me rather than trying to go through it alone okay?"

"Okay."

"Good. I love you baby."

"I love you too honey."

His arms wrapped around me and we just sat in silence, my head tucked under his chin and his fingers stroking over my back.

I adored this man and i was not going to leave him. 

Not because of some sickness.

We have been through too much.

"I won't let you go my lilly."

I smiled a bit, "Promise?"

He snorted, "of course. I'm too stubborn to let something take you away from me."

"....can I have some cake."

"Only a few bites."

I perked up, "really?!"

"Of course. My beautiful girl gets whatever she wants when she's not feeling good. So I'll feed you some cake. Only a little though."

"This isn't some joke is it?"

"No. I ordered it for you before I took you up here for our chat." 

A knock on the door cut my words off before they even started. 

"m'lord may I enter."

Tilly the god sent angel entered with a delicious looking slice of honey cake.

My favorite honey cake. 

I was practically shaking with joy.

Kaden took the plate, watching me with amusement as the maid left the room.

He swatted me away when I tried to reach for the fork.

My smile fell, "what?"

He picked up the fork himself, "I know you baby. you will shovel that in your mouth so fast I wont even get the chance to tell you to slow down much less to stop."

I pouted.

"Therefor." The evil mastermind cut off a slither with the fork, "I'll feed you. Say ah pet."

I smiled.

This was kind of cute.

You know until I made a sound that seemed lewd even to my ears as I took that tasty bite into my mouth and his eyes grew darker with a different kind of hunger entirely.

Oddly enough I wanted the cake first.

What he wanted could come later.

Kissing him lightly I eyed the fork, "is that all I get or?..."

Snapping out of his trance he gave me my next bite.

Or-freaking-gasmic.