Chapter 3: Blondie

Knock

Knock knock. 

Knock knock knock knock knock.....

The poundings on the door irritates Jolyn from her sleep. She slams her covers aside and marches terrifyingly towards the innocent door.

"Who's there!!! Stop bothering me!!!" she shouts as she swings open the door simultaneously. She instantly notices the guy in front of her with shadowy-blonde hair. 

After the reveal she continues:"So it's a blondie... First rule you should know about me is that you never want to wake me from my sleep. Second rule, you should never ever in your entire lifetime even if someone's life is at stake, break the first rule. And you just did. Any words you have to say?" She show a little smirk at the end of that glorious speech (at least she thinks it was).

The blondie is surprised at how fierce Jolyn was even to a stranger. But even still he has the guts to reply: "On that I have a few things to say-"

"Really?" she interrupts,"Oh am I interrupting? Oh so sorry..." She gives a little b*tch face and leans her palm towards him, trying to accomplish the begging look or something similar.

"As I was saying, *little pause and sarcastic cough* I was about to tell you about why I'm here. Firstly, I'm here to make sure you move and don't just sit or shall I say 'sleep' here all day," the guy pours out the words sarcastically. 

"I don't think that's your true motive because you could done it way better or more politely. Instead you went into this argument with me and-"

"My true motive is to earn money by the way if you were wondering..." the blondie says doing the I-interrupted-you-because-you-interrupted-me-just-now face.

"Money?" she asks. Curiosity always defeat anger.

"Yeah your father paid me to do this. You totally thought I did this for free din't you?" he gives a smirk while doing the I'm-smirking-because-you-smirked-at-me-just-now face.

Jolyn feels she about to faint.

*****

"And now you may all sit, let us discuss the matters of Arborea in a civilised way..." the Council Master proclaims towards the council members anxiously sitting down. Mr Lucius positions himself next to the guild leader of Winterdale. 

"Hello Lucius! Great to see you here in this quarter's meeting," the guild leader tells Mr Lucius joyously. A little too joy for the man.

"I'm fine, in fact my family is quite happy and peaceful in our cottage of ours. How are you, Albert?" Lucius hides some of the fact from his old friend for obvious reasons. He feels that his professionalism in investigation shall not be ruined by memories of the past.

"Well, in Winterdale problems have shown themselves. It's mainly the giant infestation in the Dale forests," Albert states while sighing. 

"Giant are creatures that don't normally arise as a problem, why would they be trouble?" Lucius replies with a question out of curiosity.

"Well, they're being exploited by the Crimson Pirates, they seek revenge for the wreckage of their hub ship, Mother of The Sea," says Albert.

"Oh I see, that's probably a really problem then, so you're planning to share it during this council meeting?" Lucius questions something that is probably obvious.

"Oh no, the council already has enough problems in their hands. The burning of the Gragnore Jungle and the floods at the Timberheights. Yeah, the Giants can't compare to that," Albert says with a look of desperation while Lucius replies with a blankness on his face,"Wait, you haven't heard about the fire?"