Chapter 8

Drew's POV

           Hunter. He was at the door. What was he doing here? Sure I broke up with Clare, although that was a rushed breakup, I never said I'd make a move on Brenda. Although, I never said I wouldn't. I sighed and opened the door. With a breath of annoyance I asked, "What do you wa-" I was cut off by a vision of a punch and everything went black.

           I groaned, I woke up with a headache. I was on the couch with an ice pack on my head. Alana was lounging in the sofa with her laptop.

          She looked up, "Hey little bro." She laughed, "You sure got creamed"

          I glared, "I was just caught off-guard." Hey, why would I expect a punch? Hunter wasn't the type, we were both equal in strength anyways.

           "Whatever, now that you're awake, I'm leaving. There's water on the coffee table." Alana got up and headed towards the stairs before stopping and saying, "He left a note." And continued her way upstairs.

            I took a sip of water and started reading.

Drew,

I'm sorry, but this isn't right. We shouldn't be fighting over a girl. I just, I just couldn't believe that you could fall for a girl like Brenda. My childhood friend, Brenda. I had a conversation with Brenda before I came here. I just want to let you know, although we're friends, I won't lose to you. It' more than her looks I'm going after. I fell in love with her a long long time ago, and I won't give up now. I need you to understand, I don't need you to back off. You can do whatever you want, man. I don't care. But promise me that we'll still be friends? I only punched you today because I thought you were going to punch me! Haha, whoops, sorry. Anyways, text me or something when you read this.

-Hunter-

          I shook my head and laughed. I can't stay mad at Hunter. Anyways, whoever said I was going after Brenda anyways? I laughed, whoever said that...? I sighed, I knew I like Brenda. I knew, but I didn't want to know. I barely knew her! Hunter knew her since they were kids, I should back off. Yeah, I'm single now, and read y to mingle! I smirked, how pathetic can I be?

Brenda's POV

           I gasped and squealed! Drew was single!!! I saw this on Facebook just now and I couldn't be happier! I blushed, did he do this for me? I slapped myself. No girl, he barely knows you and you need to get yourself back to reality, Brenda. I talked to myself occasionally. You know, occasionally. I sighed, I don't even have any friends at this school, how could I get a boyfriend? And such a cute and popular one like Drew? But the there's Hunter, he's my friend I guess. I couldn't stop thinking about our conversation. Hunter could possibly be into me. I leaned back, I had never thought of us that way. I wanted to run away from this situation. Back to the days where boys had cooties (Except for Hunter). I was just so confused, I couldn't even call Kate. Calling Kate would make things awkward. She knew about how I thought of Hunter as a brother, but now, as I thought of him, I started to notice how his dark hair perfectly contrasted with his blue eyes. I sighed, I was ashamed, what had happened to me? I'm not this kind of girl. I'm not the type who falls in love with every cute guy.

*Ding Dong* I went to get the door, who could be here at this hour?

I opened the door and saw a girl who looked about 16-ish.

"Hey, you're Brenda right?" She asked.

I nodded with a confused expression on my face. How does she know me?

"I'm Alana, Drew's sister." She explained,

I gasped, I knew about her! Everyone knew about her. She was the most popular 10th grade girl! "E-Excuse me, do you need something?" I asked politely

She just smiled and said, "Whatever you do, please don't hurt Drew." With that she waved goodbye and left.

I stood there speechless. THIS WAS NOT HELPING MY SITUATION. Did this mean anything? Maybe she's just worrying, my mind raced. I shut the door. Make this stop. Just please, make it stop. My head started to hurt so I decided to get some fresh air and went biking. Although it was already dark, I needed the fresh air to clear my mind. But things only got worse from there. It just simply wasn't my day.

I was a few blocks away from my house when I heard the screech of some car wheels, and everything went black.

A/N: Hey guys! I'm back! ^__^ Most of you probably stopped reading and/or unfanned and stuff, and I completely understand. I just completely left Wattpad for awhile, I'm so sorry. I wasn't sure if I wanted to continue this book until recently! When an amazing commenter, the_onlyminiB, commented on a chapter. Thank you so much, and thank you ALL for reading! Honestly, I know I'm not the best writer, and I'm more of an artist, but I appreciate that you guys actually read this. You all make my day c: