Chapter 3

Friday night came about too fast. Harry wished he’d let Louis take him out on Tuesday, so at least they would’ve gotten it out of the way already. All he managed to do was build up anticipation.

It was seven o’clock and he was seriously considering calling Nick for help. He reminded himself of all the snarky, sarcastic comments he’d get from Nick if he told him about this and asked for his help, and quickly forgot the idea.

He couldn’t ask his mum either, because she herself had gone out, telling him not to wait up for her. Apparently everyone in the family had a date tonight.

He wouldn’t be able to ask for her help even if she was home, he hadn’t told her he was going out with Louis, mostly because he didn’t want to tell her if things went badly, but also because he knew she’d start smirking at him; she’d told him to say yes to Louis right from the beginning.

He glared at his reflection on the mirror, telling himself to get a grip.

He ended up in the tightest pair of black jeans he owned and a cream coloured sweater, so at least this way he wouldn’t have to carry a jacket with him.

Louis arrived before he was ready; so he quickly put on his black converse on before checking himself for his wallet, keys and phone.

The doorbell rang again. He slid down the banister, jumping off it at the end and going to open the door.

“Curly!” Louis hugged him again, and feeling more prepared for it this time, he managed to put his arms around Louis’ shoulder and hug back before Louis pulled away.

“Looking good” Louis said, looking him up and down.

He wasn’t the only one. Louis looked even better in dark blue jeans that looked almost as tight as Harry’s and a long sleeved grey and white shirt.