Chapter 11

Things didn’t get easier as the weeks progressed; in fact Harry’s pile of homework had risen to unmanageable levels.

Schoolwork aside, it had become obvious that Nick was avoiding him.

He felt like he didn’t give Louis enough credit. Calling someone an endless amount of time, only for them not to pick up was very frustrating.

Louis too, wasn’t too happy that he couldn’t unglue Harry from his phone (when it wasn’t the phone, it was homework, Louis just didn’t like not having Harry’s attention on him) and had taken to sulking around or obnoxiously knocking Harry’s phone off his hand.

Sometimes, Harry felt like he was dating a child.

As if that wasn’t enough to make this month his worst one yet, (seriously, school was not this hard last year) there was also Denise who always seemed to be with Louis when Harry wasn’t (and even when he was) and to top it all off, Zayn was still being a pain in the arse.

As the weather grew warmer, Harry grew wearier. He thought himself pathetic for being so paranoid, but it felt like everywhere he went in school, there was either a girl (or boy) glaring at him, or leering at Louis.

He wasn’t a jealous person as a main rule, but it was hard not to notice that ninety-five percent of people in school weren’t too happy about him being with Louis.

Louis, in turn, still behaved as if everything was unicorns and rainbows.

Harry envied him a little.

Still, as far as evil looks went, Harry could tolerate them. What he couldn’t tolerate, he thought grimly, was the way Denise’s hand was gripping on to Louis’ forearm.

He found the long, fake, acrylic nails particularly bothersome today.

It was odd, he usually thought of them as pretty, on Gemma at least. On Denise they just looked like sharp claws.

He cleared his throat as he approached, not appeased in the slightest with the smile Louis sent his way; Denise’s hand still on his arm.

On any other day, Harry would’ve walked into Louis’ arms (subtly knocking Denise’s hand away) and pulled him into a kiss.

Today wasn’t any other day. In fact, today had been a pretty bad day, and Harry found that he simply didn’t have the patience for subtle, dignified responses.

Instead, he let his eyes drop down to where they were still touching. Neither of them reacted, (stupid, stupid, stupid) with the exception of the little smirk on the corner of Denise’s pale lips.

Alright that was enough.

“Louis lets go” he said brusquely. He wanted to go home, and he wanted to go home now. He was more than ready for this week to be over.

“Sure babe” Louis didn’t seem to notice his mood (again, stupid), but he did finally pull away to start leading them outside. To Harry’s further annoyance, Denise started to walk with them, hand reaching out to Louis again.

Harry snapped.

“I said Louis. Is your name Louis?” he asked scathingly.

Denise blinked, obviously surprised, before she turned a bright smile on Louis.

Fake, Harry thought.