XIX

When we got outside the room, I found myself outside. It looks like they had locked me inside an old warehouse of sorts. I recognized the place as the farm house on Old McFarlan's property. The kids in the town all claimed it was haunted because of the screams sometimes heard from within its doors.

Now I knew why they heard the screams. It was the so called "monsters" the hunters had been killing up here for privacy. It sickened me that they must've killed many an innocent creature just because they weren't human, but I couldn't deal with that as of now.

Because right now I had way bigger problems to deal with.

Like the full on hunter on warlock war that seemed to have broken out.

The hunters, noticeable by their shotguns and machetes, not to mention an abundance of flannel, were crouching behind trucks and vans, trying to shoot the warlocks, but to no avail. It seemed every shot missed, which I figured had something to do with a spell or two.

The warlocks had the advantage of upper ground. The warehouse was at the bottom of a hill, and the warlocks were advancing from the top of it. More forces were sitting on the top of it, watching the scene unfold without doing a thing. Since the other hunters completely ignored them, as well as some of the warlocks, I assumed they were under an invisible bubble charm, like Magnus had done so many weeks ago. I remembered how I was able to see through it when I shouldn't have. It was what I was doing now.

I ran to the nearest hunter, the woman who was in the warehouse with me. "Can you see their extra forces at the top of the hill?"

She gave me a strange look, "You're seeing things, and there ain't nothing up there."

I shook my head

"One of my powers. I can see through their forms of magic." Her eyes lit up in curiosity and I continued. "About twenty more warlocks and two cloaked men on top of cars are up there, hidden under a charm. Gather your excess sources and surround them. Once they let the charm fall, you can attack. You might be able to achieve more with surprise on your hand." I ordered.

"Why should I trust that you're telling me the truth, creature?" she sneered, even though her thoughts towards me were a bit less cruel now.

I sighed. "I would rather not be captured by Hawthorne. It is in my best interests for you all to win right now."

She nodded, surprisingly, at my request. Soon she was running off to go find some other excess hunters, who were gathering extra ammunition and hiding behind cars, to go surround the top of the hill.

I looked back at the fight to see some of the hunters gain some ground. It looked like a stray bullet had actually hit a warlock. It seemed to stun them enough for them to start taking the hunters seriously, which meant that they backed up a couple feet and started muttering more complex Latin for longer periods of time, more complex spells I expected.

I went and ran back to the entrance to the warehouse, where Bella was huddling behind a wooden crate. I dodged a stray green light from a warlock who was aiming at someone else, and finally reached her.

"C'mon, Bella," I said, "we've got to go."

She shook her head, "No, my whole family is here, Liv. I can't leave them. Those people – the warlocks – they'll kill them without a second thought. I've heard what they're capable of . . ."

"Bella!" I screamed, shaking her out of her stupor. "Your family is very good at defending themselves, especially since I've given them some help. Besides, not all those warlocks are bad. They're just acting on the orders of a very delusional man. Even Magnus wasn't really bad until I told him I'd been consorting with Victoria."