Chapter 6. Encounters

Tahti and Jorge has been gone for a total of ten minutes. There was no sign of them or if they would come back to get me. Life in the theme park continued while I stood on the same spot without moving. People who passed by were more captivated with their friends or where they should go next. It was though I was non-existent.

I decided to explore by myself. Tahti and Jorgie would be busy for a while, I thought. Maybe I'd find what or who they were looking for if I walked too. I kept my eyes open the entire time to observe the humans. Rarely were they seen alone. They were always with a large group of people. If I happened upon a single person, he would avoid eye contact or take his phone out to stare at it even though he wasn't doing anything. Why?

Over the noise of the human's chatter, two voices stood above all. "I want to go to the Minions Luke."

"I vote for the Mummies Chucky. Minions are overrated anyways."

I smiled to myself as I recognized the voices. Chucky and Luke, the two kids I've met in the mall. They were in the middle of an argument when I went to them. Dark haired, small and skinny. They stopped and stare when I approached. From the way they elbowed each other, they recognized me too.

"Oh look there's bae," Chucky said. He was the shorter boy among the two.

"Bae?" I asked. "Isn't that Danish for poo?" My wide vocabulary allowed me to switch from English to other languages as well. Perks of being an alien, Jorgie said.

Luke scratched his head. "What century are you from Lady? Bae means I heart you. Like boyfriend and girlfriend stuff aight." He crossed his arms in a self-assured manner. "Like when you say, hey bae you down for a little something something?"

I frowned. "What something is that something? And why do you talk like that?" They sounded different from what I was used to. "Is that related to the thug life you were saying before?" I could recall them screaming the word thug life in the store.

Luke chuckled. "No fam. That was the past. We're way above that now. Ain't we Chucky?"

Chucky nodded seriously. "Yeah, we are." He stared curiously at me. "Why are you here? Are you following us?"

"No. I went here with my friends. We split to look for something, then my companion left me to search for a girl."

Chucky and Luke stared at each other meaningfully. "You've been dumped." Luke explained nicely for me. "See when a person leaves you for someone else, you're not the main priority. That ain't good. You should know your worth lady."

"I'm not sure I understand."

Chucky tilted his head. "Come with us."

I've discovered that Chucky and Luke came here with their parents. They were currently playing hide-and-seek with mom and dad. Their parents were so cool to play that game with them in the large theme park. The boys and I walked while talking. It was like the people around us were props to a movie set. We barely noticed them.

"Spill the beans," Luke said.

"Wasting food is bad."

He sighed. "I meant tell us everything. You on crack again." I didn't ask what crack meant.

"Okay." I breathed in before saying, "I sort of like this person, but this person has a girlfriend."

"Where's the girlfriend?" Luke asked.

"I don't know. She ran off." I shrugged. "Anyway, I'm liking this person more and more and I don't know what to do."

Luke touched his chin thoughtfully. "Is it a normal like, or a like-like? Cause there's a difference. When it's a normal like, you can easily forget this person. Says so in the movie I watched. But," he emphasized. "If it's a like-like, you have a problem. Harder to forget fam."