Chapter XI: Flashbacks

Hi everyone. Sorry it took so long to upload this chapter. Hope its worth the wait!
*********************
"I think you could do with some more sleep." Sirius said as Harry came downstairs, rubbing his eyes with both his hands. Harry smiled when he saw his godfather, just the way he did every morning. He still didn't have words to describe how happy he was to have someone as brilliant as Sirius as his godfather. "I guess so." He said sheepishly, knowing that Sirius was right.

After breakfast, Harry was going through another album that Sirius had shown him. "I love that one." said Sirius. The two of them were sitting on the floor, doing absolutely nothing but enjoying themselves. In the picture, Sirius was asleep on the sofa with baby Harry asleep in his chest. The one year old had Sirius's shirt firmly captured in his tiny and chubby fist and his hair was adorably messy. Sirius had his arms wrapped around Harry protectively.

Flashback:
"Now darling, we'll be back soon." Lily said as she placed a kiss on the small tuft of black hair tart was exactly like James' who had Harry settled on his hip. She and James were going to visit her parents today and Sirius had agreed to watch Harry so, they were currently in Black Manor, to drop him there. "James, we're going to be late if we don't leave now." She said as she watched her husband playing with their son. "You be good for Padfoot ok? Mummy and Daddy will be back in the evening." Said James as he placed Harry in Sirius's arms.

"Pafoo! Pafoo!" Harry cried out, reaching out to the extremely handsome young man with longish black hair and blue-grey eyes. "Yes puppy, that's it. You and I are going to have so much fun together. Let your boring daddy leave." Said Sirius sticking his tongue out at James. "Mr. Prongs asks Mr. Padfoot to not turn his son against him otherwise Mr. Padfoot will not like the consequences." Said James with mock solemnity. "Mr. Padfoot would like to tell Mr. Prongs that he will do as he pleases and there is nothing that Mr. Prongs can do about it." Sirius replied, unable to hide the smile in his voice. Lily simply smiled at the playful banter that took place between them so often. It was one of the things that brought a smile on everyone's faces despite the war that was going on.

"You're sure about doing this right?" Asked James, glancing at his best friend for the umpteenth time. Sirius rolled his eyes at him. James trusted Sirius a lot and he did trust him to take care of Harry but then the fatherly concern was also understandable. Sirius gave James a reassuring smile. "We'll be fine Prongs. Now you two should leave before Mrs. Evans calls you out for being late." Said Sirius, shifting Harry to a more comfortable position.

The two Potters left after saying goodbye, leaving Sirius alone with his godson. "So it's just the two of us now pup?" Asked Sirius as he carried Harry over to his high chair and sat him down. He fed Harry first during which Harry made sure to throw food around the house and he managed to spill some on himself too. Had some other child done this, Sirius would've probably been annoyed but he only smiled down at his beloved godson and said: 'Let's get you cleaned up shall we?"

He picked Harry up and took him upstairs. Sirius took off Harry's clothes and lowered him into the bathtub. For an infant, Harry had a tremendous amount of energy. He splashed about vigorously, successfully soaking Sirius in the process.

After both of them had a fresh set of clothes on, Sirius tried to get Harry to sleep a little but the baby was anything but sleepy. "Pay! Pafoo pay!" Was all that he kept saying.

"You want to play?" Harry nodded enthusiastically. Sirius smiled down at his godson. "Alright. Let's go to your room." Harry spent a lot of his time in Sirius's house so his godfather had set up a room for him to play in. It had all the toys a child would want and a small playpen as well.