seventeen

"Happy Birthday, Mila!"

"Thanks, Alls," I smiled and pulled her down into a hug from my position on the couch. "Again," I laughed softly and reached for my phone on the side table.

"It's your birthday," Ally shrugged as she pulled on her heels for the show. "I'm gonna say it every chance I get. Is Dinah in makeup?"

"Yeah, think so," I opened up kik and went straight to Lauren's name. "I don't really know actually."

"She better be doing something productive," The shortest muttered and went towards the full length mirror to check her hair.

The room fell back into silence for several minutes, the only noise being that of Ally shuffling around for last minute touch ups until I spoke again after entertaining my thoughts.

"Do you think Will and Parker would yell at me if I invited a friend backstage?" I  bit my lip and glanced down at the message I had typed out to send to Lauren. "Like, do you think they'd care? It'd just be two people."

"Of course not, it's your birthday. Do whatever you want," Ally offered me a smile through the mirror. "I don't think they'd yell at you as long as you bring them back yourself or be there to meet them- so security knows they aren't trying to sneak in, you know?"

I nodded and tapped send before I'd change my mind.

camila: what seats do u and normani have??

I bit my lip and silently prayed Lauren would see the message before the concert ended- luckily she did less than ten minutes later.

lauren: section 111 row a or b or something i think

lauren: i can check w normani if you want exact stuff lol

"Who's Lauren?" My phone was swiped out of my hand before I had the chance to respond.

"Dinah!" I whined loudly and tilted my head back to look up at the taller girl standing behind me. "It's my birthday, you can't steal my stuff today."

"I can steal your shit whenever I want," The blonde smirked and went back to my phone with a mischievous smile. "Who's Lauren?"

"Give me my phone back."

"Not until you tell me who Lauren is," Dinah retorted.

"A girl," I offered and held out my hand expectantly.

"Mila, you know that's not how this works," Dinah raised a brow in amusement as she scrolled further through what was probably Lauren and I's conversations.

"She accidentally messaged me and I continued talking to her," I sighed, turning my body around on the couch in attempt to grab my phone. "Now give me my damn phone, come on."

"Okay, okay," The younger girl relented and tossed my phone over. "And I'm gonna call their seats back at the end of the show and you aren't gonna do anything about it." She smiled and walked back to makeup with a small smirk on her face.

"I was gonna bring them back anyways."

"Yes, but now if she get's mad you can blame it on me," Dinah winked through the mirror as she applied last minute touch ups. "You're welcome."

I raised an eyebrow at her and she shrugged, signaling she was done talking for now. I sighed and unlocked my phone, going straight to kik and tapping Lauren's name.

lauren: ok section 111 row a seats 20 and 21

I smiled and tossed my phone to the side as I continued to get ready for the show tonight- a show I'd definitely remember for more reasons than I could count.

***

A/N: lmao I don't have an excuse for the wait but I'm sorry. Also for now chapters will probably be on the shorter side but yeaa, next few will all be actual writing since they're at the concert & MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS 

(also this is getting hella attention lately u guys are the shit)