Part 1

I was laying in my bunk, staring up at a glass pane, with a painting of gray clouds and rain drops masking it. It was when I began to enter my slumber when I was touched by someone. His calloused fingers were the only ones I could recognize immediately, even if it was just a measely poke.

"Hey Caleb," I said, sounding a bit monotone and distant.

"Hey Michael," he said while keeping his hand on my shoulder.

He looked spaced out as well.

"Are you getting adopted today? You seem very far in thought," I said after I turned my attention toward him.

I have seem to have fallen in love with him over the years we have spent together. We were only 13 years old when we were coincidentally put in the orphanage at the same time. Ever since we met, we have grown on each other, but since we turned 17, we were two of the very few kids from our group left in the facility, which meant we would become homeless if we didn't find a family for ourselves before our next birthday.

"No, nobody was interested in me, as usual," he replied, fixating his attention towards me.

What I didn't notice at the time was that he was coming to me for comfort and company, and that he was crushing on me as well.

We sat and conversed for what seemed like hours upon hours, and when the lights in the building were shutting off, we knew we would have to part eventually.

"I just wish this world had more time during the day. I would be able to talk to you more," I accidentally admitted, and I then I turned around, keeping my crimson blush a secret.

"Oh, come on! This isn't anything to be embarrassed about," Caleb assured me while grabbing me and turning me to face those sea blue eyes once again.

"Hey, Caleb?," I began. He nodded for me to continue

"Do you mind sleeping in my bed tonight? I'm feeling kind of lonely," I said, with embarrassment clearing its path through my voice.

"Uh... Sure," he answered. I was, for some reason, ecstatic about his decision.