Part 3

When I woke up the next morning, I could see a ray of light gleaming from the window pane behind me. Since it was blinding me, I turned around from my spooned position to meet a beautiful pair of sea blue eyes, drowning me the longer I stared at them. They were so mesmerizing. Caleb and I were silent in that moment, but it was as if we were sending telepathic messages to each other.

It was when I was swallowed whole by those hypnotizing blue orbs that I then noticed him leaning in closer to my face. We were but a shadow of an inch from sealing the cursed distance between us. As impatient as I was, I leaned in as well, but ever so slowly. I wanted to enjoy this moment for as close to eternity as I can possibly define.

We touched foreheads, our eyes closed, and we synced our breaths, as if we were one.

It was that moment of absolute bliss that still awes me to this day: the faint chirping of mourning doves, the golden sunlight casting a defining glow on my partner, and the tranquil silence that we shared with each other.

I had thought of nothing that could make that instance any more intimate, but I was soon proven wrong when Caleb leaned in and kissed me.

The feeling was absolutely indescribable. (Even though this is fiction, just thinking of this scene makes my heart flutter a million miles an hour). We wrapped our arms around each other, and deepened the kiss. Love, passion, security, and comfort could never even begin to define the slightest understatement as to what I felt during that moment of sweet affection.

That kiss, my very first kiss, held some kind of power, and it was so great, I wanted to cry. I had never been overwhelmed with so much contentment and joy until that moment.

When we pulled away from each other, it appeared that single tears had cascaded down our cheeks.

Caleb and I rubbed each other's tears away, and I realized that, not only did I love him beyond comprehension, but I wanted to spend the rest of my earthly life with him.

I wanted every day for us to meet with each other, fall in to each other's embrace, share a delicate and affectionate kiss, and simply cherish every second we had with each other.

When I look back at those days, 8 years later, with us having been blessed with two beautiful children from the same orphanage, I don't regret a single gesture of love and affection we had made towards each other, nor any we still make to this day.