02

Chapter Two

Flashback

"Mom, okay can I please go now?" I asked my mom for the millionth time, exasperated.

"Wait, wait. Your shirt is wrinkled again!" I sighed and wrinkled my nose in disgust. Followed by a distinct eye-roll at my mothers actions. Today was my first ever job interview, and my mother, despite my actions to shoo her away, absolutely needed to make sure I was a 'sexy burrito' as she put it. Why she chose burrito as a compliment, I have no idea. My mother was a weird one and where I got all my personality. Not that I'm complaining, I actually tend to like my personality quite a bit.

"Okay mom, it's not wrinkled anymore. Can we please go inside now?" I whined, pushing her hands away from my body. She smiled, showing her pearly whites, and ruffled my hair a little before slowly leaving our car and to the buildings' front door.

"Yes, we can. Oh look, my little jelly bean is all grown up!" She cried, her eyes becoming glossy as she contined. "Look at you, all dressed up and ready for your first interview." She clapped her hands togther in one quick movement. Damn, where did she get all her energy from? I'm only nineteen and die halfway up ten stairs!

Now, you may ask. Well, why didn't she have a job before she turned nineteen? There's a resonable explanation. I'd say my family is well off financially. I never had the chance to get one. School and sports took over all my free time. Well, actually I was just too lazy to get one. Dont't get me wrong, I hate when my parents buy me things when I'm capable of doing it myself. It's not like I'm asking for one thing after another, either. I'd rather earn my own money than expect it from my parents. I'm not stuck up. I'm just lazy and those are two different things.

My mother and I made it into the tall, beautiful big beige building. My reflection stared back at me on the giant black windows as we entered, the happy doorman greeting us with cheer. Although my nerves were tamed in the car, they all came rushing back in; just like when you release a bull and it goes straight to the red fabric one man is holding. In this case, I was the man holding the fabric and Harry Styles was the bull. "Now honey, don't be too nervous now. Mr. Styles is a nice man and your father was sure he wanted you for the job." I nodded my head, but nonetheless I was still scared. Mr. Styles owns a record company called 'Styles Industry'. He signs new artists almost every week, and since my father is his co-producer, he was so keen on having me in the business too. Although, I won't be helping with the major stuff. Just paper work and being a personal assistant to both my father and Harry. To keep the business professional, and not to make it look like Harry was playing favorites, he decided that it would be best if I had come in and do a fast and easy interview.

"Okay mom! I'm so excited!" I whispered, enthusiastically. I thought being a personal assistant to a much famous man was more than I deserved. "Hello, my name is Adelaide. I'm here for an interview with Mr. Syles." I said to the lady who sat soundlessly at the front desk. The lobby itself was busy; people walking fast to diffrent parts of the building. A chandelier above me sparkled when the wind blew lightly every time someone entered. Chit chatter from men and woman surrounded me as I stood still, waiting. She typed something on the keyboard and handed me a badge; her dark, brown hair swinging behind her shoulder as she flicked it. Her dark, chocolate eyes gleamed as her eyes met mine.

"Take the right elevators and it's on the third floor, followed by the third door on the left. Mr. Styles is waiting for you." I thanked the lady and my mom and I made our way to the elevators.

"Do you want to go out to eat after this, dear? My mother asked, while pressing the number three on the elevator panel.

"Oh, yes, that would be awesome! Can we get pizza?"

"Wait, stop the elevator doors!" A man with long, curly hair screamed about halfway through the busy lobby. No one paid attention as he ran with such speed. I thought surely he would trip over something, or merely, someone. Putting my hand in the middle of the closing doors, caused it to stop closing and remain open. It only took him three more secodns to make it inside, letting the doors close smoothly behind him. "Oh wow, thank you so much. I've been running a little late. I don't want to be late for work again." His Australian accent was thick and reminded me of rich, chocolate cake. I could go for some cake right now, to be honest.

"No problem!" I looked up and was met with the prettiest hazel eyes anyone could ever come in contact with. The way the green swirled with the brown in such an intricate way made me eternally gasp. His eyes; they were magnificently beautiful. His hair, however was a mess and his tie was slightly crooked. But nonetheless, he was breathtaking. "Um, you kind of look like a mess." I giggled, "Would you like some help?" I gave him an innocent smile, it's not like I want to touch him everywhere. His muscles; I want to touch them. And maybe run my hands through his hair, and his lips. God, his lips... Okay, so maybe I did want to touch him everywhere. He nodded his head yes and I gently took the fabric of his tie in my fingers, straightening his tie; making it look better than when he came in.

"My name is Ashton, what's yours?"

"Adelaide, my name is Adelaide."

"Well, Adelaide it was a pleasure to meet such a beautiful lady on such a beautiful day."

I was grateful when the doors decided to open on my mother and I's floor. I didn't want Ashton to see the blush rising to my cheeks. My mother nudged me with her elbow; hard. "Ow, mom. What was that for?"

She smiled, "Oh nothing, dear. I'll be waiting out here when you're done. Don't be too nervous now!" I walked into the single door and Harry was sitting in his desk char; reading an article on his new act, The Young Rising Sons.

Noticing someone had came through his office door, he dropped his notes and looked at me. "Please sit down." He motioned to the maroon colored chairs that were placed directly in front of his desk. By his tone, I immediately felt like I was going to throw up. It was as if this was purgatory and I was about to get the news of whether or not I was accepted into Heaven. "Well love, we already know you got the job. You can thank George for that." He said, mentioning my father. I let out a shaky breath I didn't know I was holding. I'm so lucky that my father knows this man. Without him, I would know nothing about work and I certainly wouldn't be working here as my first job. I'd be working at McDonalds or something. "You start work first thing,tomorrow. Be here at nine-o-clock am, sharp." He waived his hand to dismiss me and I finally emerged after five whole minutes.

"Well, did you get it?"

"Yes!" I squealed, my first job ever living on this God forsaken planet.

Edited•

*1,302 Words*