04

Chapter Four

Flashback

My body wasn't used to waking up at six in the morning, anymore. Not since graduating last year. I've come accustomed to waking up around noon, depending on what time I went to bed the night before; or even the day of. I have an unhealthy sleeping schedule. Yawning and slipping out of my sacred home of blankets and pillows, I made my way to my closet. I had no idea what to wear. Do I wear something fancy, casual, or something completely ridiculous? Deciding to go with something somewhat casual, I aimlessly flipped through various hangers that held my t-shirts and jeans. "Oh, c'mon! Why when I have something important to do I have nothing to wear?" I asked myself, sighing. I hate life. After five minutes of searching I finally came across clothing that looked semi-decent. Taking the fabric off their hangers, I walked into the bathroom to take a shower.

The hot water burned my back as I jumped in. It took every ounce in my body not to scream out in pain. The shower water is either Antarctica or the fiery depths of hell, there is no in between. I gripped my pink bottle of shampoo, squeezing some into my hand; it making a funny sound. The smell of strawberries and vanilla invaded my sinuses; it smelled so good. Within twenty minutes, I was finished.

I zipped my brown boots up swiftly before putting a black cardigan over my white, pristine shirt. Hopefully this outift will be okay. Checking the time, it read 'seven-O-clock'. I have about an hour left before I need to leave."Goodmorning, Lemonade. Are you almost ready to go?" My father asked, coming down the stairs startling me.

"Yeah, just got to eat breakfast now."

My father walked to our fridge and took out a carton of eggs. "Want an omelet?"

"Yes please."

"Have fun at work!" My father whispered, before gently patting my back. We took our separate ways as we walked into the lobby. Nerves were bubbling in my stomach and I feel like I'm about to throw up that omelet.

Knowing where to go, I made my way to the elevator doors and pushed in the 'up' button. Every inch I moved, the more I became anxious. I wonder what he's going to have me do. "Oh hey, Adelaide right?" I looked to the person who had spoken and immediately recognized him.

"Hey, yeah that's me." I smiled big. At least now I don't need to do this by myself.

"So, do you work here?"

I nodded my head. "Yes. Actually, I just got hired yesterday on the spot. This will be my first day."

"Oh that's cool! Are you working for Styles?"

"Yeah." I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, my nerves becoming worse. I don't think it was because it's my first day of work, though.

"Oh sweet, I am too!"

I didn't answer as I didn't know how to. All I know is, I'm glad I don't to be by myself. I have so much anxiety, I feel like I don't belong. It's scary doing new things alone.

The elevator stopped and it's doors opened, Ashton and I stepping out together. "Well, good luck Addie." Ashton said, patting me on the back. "Don't mess up now."

"I can't promise you anything."

Ashton and I walked into Harry's office. He was sitting in his dark leather chair, expecting us to come in at any given moment. His emerald green eyes fixated on me. "Hello, Adelaide." He greeted with a cheshire smile; dimples indenting both his cheeks. His smile was sincere, it made all the girls swoon; including me. Ashton coughed next to me and Harry's smile faltered. "Good day to you too, Mr. Irwin."