One

When summer changes to fall, what things happen? The leaves on the trees change color, yes; the weather is slightly cooler, a little more muggy; but, how about school? For most, August marks the start of a new, exciting, sometimes nerve wracking school year. As the first-through-sixth graders get ready for elementary school on that first day, they are probably eager to see friends or make ones; however, there is always a handful of kids that are "fresh meat". Unfamiliar, new... strange, weird. I was one of those kids.

My mom and dad divorced when I was about five, but before it became official, they had another kid - my brother. Don't get me wrong, he's great, but he's a real pain in the leg. He has ADHD and really loves annoying me. Anyway, my mom met Ralph (my future step-dad), a sort-of-rich middle-aged property-owner with a pretty nice house. He really cares about us and for that I'm grateful, but he kind of has a temper.

Ralph lived about an hour and a half away from my dad's house, so of course I had to start at a new school. Luckily, back then I was moderately brave and confident, so I didn't get totally nervous about my first day. I was a buoyant little five year old, so my confidence was at its peak; I bound right into that colorful classroom like I owned the place and introduced myself:

*****

Five-year-old me's P.O.V:

"Hello, I'm Willow Rose Ava and I'm five and my mommy took me here!" . The teacher, Mrs. Agathine, says ,"Welcome", and points to my seat. I sit right next to this brown-haired, innocent-looking boy who seemed to be only four, but was probably six. I try to greet him with a nice high five, but he rejects it. What's his problem? I let it go - it's his loss for not high-fiving me...

I was having the time of my life, learning my pluses and minuses. At recess I met a girl named Mae, who I really get along with. I crowned her my royal best friend, and from that day forth we pinky promised we would always stick together.

Throughout the day nothing brought me down - except for the boy. He bothered me... not in an annoying or aggressive way, but he was just so... antisocial. However, I went through my day as I normally would. When I get home, I tell my mom all about the wonderful things I did at school besides the boy - he wasn't very significant in my day.

As I got into bed I thought about him. At the end of the week, I ended up making another friend named Lacey and a crush named Kirsten. Nevertheless, the boy kept popping into my head. I found that his name is Taylor Jasper Bellerose.

What an amazing name.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: This is my first writing thing besides for school, so I would appreciate your comments and suggestions. This is just the first chapter, sort-of a filler piece, so that's why it's so short. BYE