Five days left

The guild was more than excited for Christmas, and everyone helping with preparations really made people look forward to the party. The fact that everyone was trying so hard made everyone realise once again how strong Fairy Tail's bonds really were.

Right now, Lisanna was probably the most excited. And Gray was pissed.

Natsu had, just this morning, asked Lisanna to go to the Christmas party as his date. She had of course said yes, because who wouldn't? Gray was certain Natsu was the hottest person in the guild.

So Gray wasn't surprised, but he could still be angry.

Lucy was super happy to hear about it, as she had always "shipped" those two. Gray wasn't sure what she meant by that, but he was sure that she was up to no good. 

Even though Gray knew Lucy had some crazy things going on, he had realised she was the only one who could help him get to Natsu. Lucy was the dragon slayer's best friend, after all.

Gray decided that Lucy would be the first person to know about his secret crush. But when Gray asked her for help, she just laughed.

"Oh come on," she had said. "Quit fooling around, who is it that you really want to go with?"

Gray hadn't thought it would be this hard. "I told you the truth already." Then, muttering, Gray continued: "I knew I shouldn't have trusted you."

This comment made Lucy's eyes burn. I'm the most trustworthy person in this guild, you can't not trust me!" But then her face looked genuinely confused. "Seriously, Natsu? But he already has Lisanna? I thought for sure you'd want to go with someone else, someone like-"

"A girl?" Gray cut her off mid-sentence.

"...Maybe that's what I was thinking." Gray just sighed.

"Look, I've already messed up, but I really want this to work out, so please help me come up with a plan."

Lucy still looked sceptical, but she nodded. "I'll help you out, Gray."

"Thanks Lucy, I knew I could count on you. Please don't tell anyone about my... crush."

"I won't."

"You swear?"

Lucy held out her hand. "You have my word."

Gray shook her hand and she smiled.

Four days left.