Four days left

I lost the original version of this chapter, but I managed to restore it, so the next chapter is that, original version. This is the rewrite! Double the Gratsu (but it's the exact same story).

Gray had just woken up when he heard someone knock on his door. He sat up in his bed and rubbed his eyes, and the person knocked again.

He pulled on a t-shirt and checked that his boxers were still on. Then he heard one singular knock, followed by the sound of the doorbell. Gray laughed as he realised it had taken the person three knocks before noticing the doorbell.

Gray made his way through his apartment quite quickly and didn't bother looking through the peep hole to check who was on the other side before opening the door.

When he did, he saw Lucy.

"Lucy? What are you doing here? How do you even know where I live?"

Lucy waved dismissively with the hand on which she had her pink Fairy Tail insignia.

"That's not relevant right now. Look- I'm here to talk about the plan I said I'd make."

Gray raised an eyebrow. "Haven't you come up with anything?"

"No! I mean, yes I have! That's not the problem."

"Then what is the problem?"

Lucy looked down on her shoes and then back at Gray.

"I can't help you any more."

"Why not?" Gray shouted, furious. "You made a promise!"

"I know, and I can't keep it. I don't want to break Natsu and Lisanna up when they're so happy."

"This whole thing was about splitting them up! Are you stupid?"

"It just took me some time to realise what that meant. Natsu's my friend, I don't want to do that to him."

"You told me you were trustworthy!"

"But-"

"No buts! I thought you could help me."

Gray realised how selfish he had been and turned away from Lucy. "Maybe... Maybe you're right. I should just go to that party alone."

Lucy took some papers out of her bag. "There are some coffee marks, but I hope the plan is helpful. Don't give up."

Gray took the papers. "I'll try this. But it's the last chance I give myself."

Lucy smiled as she closed her bag again.

"If you can't get Natsu to go with you I'm sure there are other people that would love being your date for the party. Are you still mad at me?"

"Yeah."

"Oh. Well, I'll see you later."

"The keyword is later. Bye, Lucy."

About an hour later Gray was sitting at his kitchen table, all the notes Lucy had given him lying in front of him. The plan was that Natsu would be given a letter, with directions to Gray's house in. And then, at the part where Natsu got to Gray's house, it just said "improvisation". Gray didn't like the thought of having to improvise words.

But he trusted Lucy, and he trusted the plan to work. So he put down the pencil he was chewing on and started getting ready to go to the guild.

Three days left.