Epilogue

A not from the author: this was such a fun story to write! It was very all over the place, giving me just the freedom I wanted. This last chapter, the epilogue, is kind of ooc, and even more all over the place, but... fluff? I guess?

Thanks for reading. ♡

*

The day after the party Natsu actually read the entire note Gray had left him. The directions to get to Gray's house were simple enough for him to understand so he decided to go visit what he guessed was his boyfriend.

When he got to Gray's house, he noticed the lights were off on the second floor, where the letter said Gray lived. Natsu went inside and up the stairs.

He found the Fullbuster door and almost raised his arm to knock, but he remembered that the letter very specifically said that the door had a doorbell. So he rang the bell, and then waited.

Gray was already awake when he heard the doorbell. He rushed to his door, and not even bothering checking the peephole he opened the door.

"Hi Gray."

The way Natsu was smiling made Gray smile as well.

"You're not wearing a shirt," Natsu said.

Gray looked down and sighed.

"I hope you don't mind," he said.

"I don't."

Gray let the dragon slayer into his apartment.

"So..." Natsu said, scratching his head. "I'm sorry I didn't join you here last night. Why... why did you want to see me?"

"Can't I want to see my boyfriend?"

Natsu smiled.

"I wanted to see you too."

Gray leaned down to kiss Natsu, and as soon as their lips met Natsu noticed how different the kiss was from the drunken kisses of last night.

When they pulled away, Natsu looked at Gray. "Why didn't you tell me about your feeling sooner?"

Gray sighed. "I tried. But all my plans failed horribly. Why didn't you tell me?"

Natsu thought for a moment. "I don't know."

Gray lifted an eyebrow. "You know what? You're kinda dumb."

"I did actually know that. But you must be dumber, wanting to be with me."

"Oh god if I knew you were this cliché I wouldn't have wanted to."

Natsu just laughed.

They went to the living room and sat down. Natsu chose Gray's favourite chair before Gray had a chance.

"Oh wow, Gray, this is super comfortable!" Natsu said, excited. "I'll totally abuse this."

"No you won't," Gray said. He picked the dragon slayer up from where he was sitting and sat down in the chair before placing Natsu on his lap so that they were facing each other.

"Not fair! Natsu shouted, but he quickly realised that sitting on Gray's lap was quite comfortable as well. He'd never admit it though.

Natsu looked up at Gray and saw loving eyes looking down at him. "Gray... you're beautiful. Are we boyfriends?"

"Why wouldn't we be?"

"You were drunk last night."

"Not that drunk."

Gray kissed Natsu's cheek. "What happened with Lisanna?"

"I only went with her so I wouldn't be alone. She figured that out before the party, though."

"Cool." Gray didn't want to have an opinion on it, so he pretended he didn't.

"Hey, Gray?"

"Yeah?"

"Merry Christmas."

Natsu shifted a bit so that he could put his arms around Gray, a bit awkwardly because of the chair, but the hug felt real. Meaningful.

Gray knew his plan had finally succeeded. With a bit of help from Lucy, of course.