Chapter 1: Meeting Andrew

Destiny Gist was sitting on the grass with her back against a tree, it would've looked normal, if the tree wasn't sitting in a graveyard. Destiny had straight black hair dyed red at the end , she was wearing a cresent moon necklace around her neck, she had on a blue t-shirt and blue jeans, and she was wearing high tops.

The shirt brought out her eyes which were light blue, but looked darker in the night, in her lap was a book that she was reading, it was about ghosts. She didn't have to worry about her parents calling her because they were out of town and they had taken her brothers with them. They trusted her to take care of herself;and to call them if anything went wrong.

She was at the part where the ghost attacked, when two shadows appeared over her book, she looked up. She saw her two best guy friends Casey Anderson and Zachary Henderson.

Zachary was African-American, like Destiny, he was wearing, gray gym shoes, blue jeans, and a green t-shirt, he had black hair and green eyes, that sometimes looked like cat eyes in the dark. Accompanying him was Casey Anderson. Casey had blonde hair and light brown eyes, he was wearing high tops, blue jeans and a black t shirt, both Zach and him had their skateboards under their arms. Zach said"hey, wanna do some skate tricks Dest?", Destiny closed her book, put it in her bag, took her skateboard out, and stood up, she said "sure".

The three of them started walking down the hill, passing graveyards as they went, each ghost waved hello to Destiny as she and her friends walked past, Destiny waved back and yelled "bye! See you all next time", they reached the gate, Casey said," it's awesome that you're able to see ghosts". Zachary and Casey knew about Destiny's ability and they both thought it was cool, that she had that power.

Just as she was about to reply to him, two fire trucks, came racing down the street, sirens blazing, they passed the kids and turned left at a corner, Destiny wanted to see what was going on, she said" come on, let's go!" to her friends and hopped on her board and skated away after the fire trucks. Zack and Casey hopped on their boards and followed after her. Destiny followed the fire trucks, when she saw where they had stopped, she got off her board and stared, her mouth open in shock.

Zachary and Casey, caught up with her, Zack said,"hey what's going on-whoa" both boys turned, there in front of them was a burning two story brick house, firefighters were crowded around the house, with hoses turned on, trying to put out the fire, so far it was working. Suddenly someone screamed," My little girl!!" Destiny turned her head to her right and saw an auburn haired man and woman staring up at the house, the women had tears streaming down her face, between them was a gurney and on it was a little girl.

Her eyes were closed, she had burnt marks all over her skin, she was wearing care bear pajamas, she had the same hair as her parents. She looked to be about five or six years old, even from a distance Destiny could tell she was dead, she looked past the parents, and saw the girl, or saw the spirit of the girl. It looked like she was trying to make her parents see her, poor kid, she didn't realize she was dead.

Destiny walked over to where the girl was and said," come with me, I can help you" she started walking behind the burned down building, the little girl followed, once they were out of sight. Destiny bent down to the girls level and said"Hi, I'm Destiny, what's your name?" the girl looked at Destiny and gave a small smile, she had gray blue eyes, she said "Amy" Destiny said"well, Amy, I have something to tell you" she took a deep breath, then let it out," your family was in a house fire, I'm sorry to say Amy, but.... you didn't make it, you died, I'm sorry".

Amy looked at Destiny and said,"does this mean I got to go to heaven now?" Destiny answered,"yes, it does, do you see a light?" Amy looked to her left,she got a faraway look in her eyes and said, "yes. I see it" she turned her head back to Destiny and said"thanks you, bye bye" then she disappeared.

Destiny sighed and gave a light smile, she walked back to her friends. Zach turned towards her and said " another one?" She nodded,"yeah, this time a little gir-" she stopped talking, because there, standing next to the house was a ghost.

She was barefoot, and  had on a white nightgown on, but it looked burnt, there were burnt marks all over her skin, she had red hair that went to her back, but that wasn't why Destiny stared, this ghost didn't have any eyes. Just two dark, black, round, circles where they should have been, she had a sad, evil looking smile on.

Destiny blinked and she disappeared. She looked to the left where the ghost had been standing and saw a boy, he had red hair, he was wearing light brown khakis pants. Brown loafers, and a button down shirt, he had dark red hair and green eyes that looked sad, he was looking straight at Destiny. While Destiny was looking at him, a name popped up in her head, it was so soft that she almost didn't hear it. Andrew Ashtaker. He disappeared.