1: Confidence is another word for loneliness.

School. Probably one of my main ideas on my list titled "Things I Hate." I have many reasons to, it's not just the whole "Ew, school is gross because of learning" idea. Well, that too, of course. But there are some subjects that I do enjoy. Most of the time, that is. I don't talk too much, only if I have a snarky comment or just really passionate about the topic at hand. I try to focus on my studies, when I'm not out with my friends. Ya know, social life comes first in my opinion. Despite most people's opinion of me, I'm not really that tattoo and alcohol freak like some of the guys, and girls, in my school. I just stay in my little "bubble" and everyone else is just kinda blocked out.

Eight classes, eight hours. Time for first period, math. It wasn't my worst subject, I'm actually pretty good at it, well, I guess. I slung my black and red backpack over my shoulder, the textbooks automatically weighing my back down. Ugh. We rarely use these anyway, so why give it to use in the first place? I swear, teachers, principals, everyone in the dreadful school, just wants us to break our backs. Then they put in all of these staircases, claiming the "we could use the exercise." At least my locker was on the second floor, along with most of my classes, so I wouldn't have to drag this giant bag on my back.

It was honestly kind of pathetic, walking through the halls. Ridge View is what everyone's stereotypical high school would be like. On one side end of the hallway, even on the front lawn of campus, couples PDA levels that were off the charts. On the other, almost more civilized end, you had the people I tended to "spend my time with." I don't really hang out with them, not enough to call them my friends. I mean, they're nice and all, but they aren't just.. ya know. Whatever you'd call it. Ray and Bob are interesting. That's for sure. My brother doesn't really socialize. He likes to hang solo, guess it runs in the family. I do, too, just desire the need to have human contact sometimes.

Today when I happened to make my way to the civilized portion, I saw my small, very small, group hanging around the office. God, what did the guys do now? I found that my walking grew slightly faster, my black converse clicking as they hit the hard and tile floor. I shifted my bag as it hung on my shoulder, stopping and leaning over Ray's shoulder.

"What's going on? Why are you guys over here?" I said, apparently too loud for Ray's liking, as he harshly quieted me.

"Gerard, be quiet! There's a new guy over there." Ray responded with, his chin lifting for a moment as his eyes remained focused on the small and narrow window in the door. Principal Miller's low and monotone voice echoed quietly through the wooden door, everyone practically pressing their ears to the frame.

Bob backed up a step after what seemed like an eternity, trying to get everyone to walk away with urgency. His hands waved back at us, his eyes wide as he whispered, "Guys, he's coming, act normal, move!" repeatedly. Everyone obeyed, not in the mood for getting in trouble with the 'authorities' anytime soon. We were troublemakers, but we weren't that bad. We're actually decent guys.

As our petite friend group began to mutter as we stood against the lockers in a small circle, we heard the door swing open. It was best to just ignore it on the outside, but watch where they were going afterward. What? It was an interesting topic, to say the least. To be fully honest, there was more mumbling afterward. Principal Miller's voice didn't go away, though. Instead, it became a little bit louder as he came in our direction. Fuck. Did he know we were listening? Apparently, he didn't, as Miller only smiled as he walked by. He then stopped a few feet away, next to the math classroom that Mrs. Milena held. The young boy, whose black hair obviously stood out against the crowd in my eyes, walked into the classroom as Principal Miller motioned towards us.

Once we figured out that I was being called into the office, I built up the ability to drag my feet into the carpeted room. Miller followed in behind me, my eyes drifting outside to Ray, Bob, and Bert once more before the door clicked shut. As Principal Miller took a set in his black and swivel-y office chair, he picked up a stack of papers and organized them neatly. Without looking up at me, he said in his monotone voice that I dreaded, "Take a seat, Mr.Way." I did so without hesitation, but slowly lowering myself onto the green chair. I hated the fabric, it was rough and the wooden armrests didn't really help with anything either. After pulling out a drawer and putting the stacked papers in a yellow folder, he finally looked at me.