BROKEN {6}

©JESSICA RUIZ          

2013 ALL RIGHT RESEVRVED

EDITED BY JESSALYN MARIE 

 Do you see that gorgeous guy on that side? That's Drew Van Acker who I see as Gabriel Alexeyev. Go ahead and stare. You know you want to! 

·•● ✰ Six ✰ ●•·  

Jessalyn woke up to the ‘Happy Birthday’ song. It was a bit scary. It had to be around five a.m. when her aunt and uncle came in with her favorite chocolate coconut pancakes, screaming happy birthday to her. Jessalyn had jumped up quickly and grabbed the closest thing she could get her hands on to attack the intruders that were disturbing her. Which was her pillow, so it made no difference, really.

Halloween had about the same plan as Jessalyn. The cat hated when people woke her up, especially when it was from a scare. So once Jessalyn was standing on the cold floor, pillow in hand to attack, Halloween attacked on her own. And the closet person was, of course, to his unlucky demise Noah. So while he and Scilla sang (or more like screeched) happy birthday to Jessalyn, Halloween jumped up, her hair standing up in fear and her claws out,  and attached herself to Noah’s arm. No matter how big you’re your muscles are, a cat’s claws can hurt like hell.

So the singing stopped, the painful yelling started from Noah (even though Jessalyn didn’t know the difference), and the poor delicious pancakes were now on the floor. A couple of curses rang out from all three of them as the cat ran for her life. Really Jessalyn couldn’t blame her. The two adults should have known never to come waking someone up at five a.m., and none the less, singing the ‘Happy Birthday’ song horribly.

Once Noah finished cursing and Scilla had finally changed his mind on killing the cat, they did their duties to get ready for the day. Jessalyn took her sweet time, brushed her teeth slowly, ate like a snail. Noah even had to grab her around her waist and drag out her out the house. She was hell bent on not going to school, but of course nothing helped.

So there they were. Jessalyn looked up at the school. She shifted uncomfortably in her boots. 

"I still think you should have worn a dress." Scilla said, standing next to Jessalyn rubbing her belly.

"One, I do not wear dresses. And two it was pink, I don't look good in pink.” Jessalyn answered. "Plus I look fine the way I'm dressed.”

"Fine!? Jess, your jeans are ripped at the knees and some on the thigh." Scilla complained. She then looked at Noah with a pleading look.

Jessalyn looked down at her outfit. Her skinny jeans were in fact ripped. "This is the style Scilla."

"No Jess, I know the jeans have rips on them. I own a pair. Your jeans-" She pointed as Jessalyn's legs, “were not bought like that. You-" she pointed at Jessalyn’s chest, "ripped them when that old lady sent her dog to chase you and Taylor. And don't get me started on your shirt. Spiderman, really?"

"Well the old lady called Taylor a whore. No one calls my girl a whore but me. Plus the damn fence was like six feet tall. And the only reason I have the shirt is because my Superman one was dirty. At least I have my hair the way you wanted me to." Jessalyn explained.