Chapter Nineteen

*Elizabeth's POV*

It had been a week since I was woken up. Every day was pretty boring, to be honest, and everyone felt somewhat on edge with our situation. Each morning, we held a meeting to try to figure out what to do, and it usually was useless. There was nothing we could do! Although the house we were in did scare me a little bit. It was so strange, and it felt like something was... alive. I didn't bring it up with Armelle, although I probably should have.

The only part of the day I enjoyed was when I hung out with Zuko. We would chill out together each day, just walking around and talking with each other. But there was a small problem with being around him so much.... 

I was starting to fall for him. Hard. I didn't know what to do about it. There was nothing to do. I was just confused with my feelings, and I wondered if he had any feelings for me or if he constantly thought of Mai or whatever.

These thoughts went through my head almost every day, wondering about and thinking about him. Sometimes I would zone out during the morning meetings just thinking about him. What was wrong with my mind? It was getting awfully annoying.

Sighing, I rolled over on my bed. The morning meeting had just ended, and it was just another boring hour of acknowledging that we had no idea what we were supposed to do. After the meeting, Aang and the gaang usually went to the training facilities to continue mastering bending. I didn't know why they continued to practice- the Fire Lord definitely wasn't the biggest threat any more.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by a loud knock on my door. Before I could shout a reply, the door flew open and Zuko came stomping in. His face was red with rage, and a scowl was plastered on his face. 

"What's wrong? Aren't you supposed to be training with Aang?" I asked, my eyes going down to his bare torso. Why did he always have to be shirtless? I didn't mind at all, but it was quite distracting for me. I tried to keep my eyes trained on the wall near his head. Now certainly wasn't the time to be drooling over his wonderful shirtlessness.

"Aang is being stupid!" Zuko growled as he paced quickly. "He isn't taking training seriously since the Fire Lord isn't the biggest threat anymore!"

"Well, he's probably just feeling down and confused. He gets like that in these sort of situations." I laid back on my bed.

He raised his voice. "How could you say that?!" I smirked at the ceiling. Gosh, it was funny when they said things that referenced their show!

"Stop smirking like that! I can see you, you know." I sat up, and saw that he had walked closer to me and was standing in front of me with his arms crossed. His nice torso with almost in my face, and my face flushed. 

I tore my eyes away from his abs and up to his face. "Look, we are all on edge because of the situation we're all stuck in. I would feel hopeless if I were him, too."

"So you're taking his side?!"

"No," I stood up. "There are no sides to take." I stared into his auburn eyes, and then strolled towards the door. "I'm losing my patience. Come find me when you're calmed down."

"Wait, Elizabeth!" I stopped mid-step, and turned around. He walked towards me, his eyes ablaze.

"What's up?" I asked awkwardly, avoiding eye contact.

He just stood in front of me, observing me. I shifted uncomfortably under his gaze.

He finally spoke. "What do you think of me?" I furrowed my eyebrows. What did he mean by that?

"In what way?" His gaze was so intense that my heart was pounding against my chest.

"Do you feel... anything?" He paused, then spoke again before I could say anything. "I feel something. I can't put my finger on it...." He looked at me curiously.

"Um..." I didn't want to confess my feelings! There was no way that he felt the same way, and if I said anything, it would just ruin our friendship and become awkward! I couldn't risk that. "I, uh, I have to go!" I whipped around and was about to run off, but his hand caught my arm, making me turn around. Before I could process what was happening, his lips crashed against mine. The kiss was full of want and desperation, and I responded, moving my lips against his and pressing my body closer to him. When he broke the kiss, he rushed out the door and down the hall. I was left standing there, speechless. 

Did Zuko, the Prince Zuko, who was supposed to be in love with gloomy, depressing Mai, just kiss me?? It wasn't possible. It seemed unreal to me, even though it just happened. My stomach was full of fluttery butterflies, and my heart was still pounding. I leaned against the wall, and took deep breaths. 

*Zuko's POV*

I slowed my pace to a jog when I was a safe distance from Elizabeth's room. What had come over me? Why did I do that? It was so unlike me!

But, I had to admit, I enjoyed it. Her soft lips against mine, her warm body close to mine...

I shook my head, and leaned against the wall of the hall, sliding down so I was sitting.

A voice from where the direction I had come from startled me. "Well, at least that finally happened." Toph strolled over, sitting down beside me.

"What happened?" I asked, exasperated. 

"You and Liz, that's what. Why did you run away?" 

"I don't know." I sighed, running my hands through my hair. "I don't know what I'm feeling towards her. I feel so happy with her, and she makes me feel giddy. I just want to get closer to her and touch her and kiss her... I don't know what's wrong with me!"

"You're so clueless." Toph scoffed, and I turned my head to look at her. "Isn't it obvious? You love her." Her words shocked me, and I couldn't find a response. I was in love with Elizabeth? Toph stood up, walking down the hall and leaving me to my thoughts. 

It would explain all these feelings swirling around, and why I kissed her.... Did she feel the same way? She had kissed back... Should I tell her? Was I supposed to? What would happen if I did tell her? Would she reject me?

Questions flooded my mind so much, I had to stop myself. Start with what you know, I thought to myself. I took a deep breath.

"I love Elizabeth." I spoke aloud, staring at the wall across from me. I loved her. I really did.

__________________________________________

And there you go! Whew! Don't worry, there is a bit of action coming up. :)

Bye!

~Purple