Chapter Two

IMPORTANT: ANI MEANS BIG BROTHER, IMŌTO MEANS LITTLE SISTER 

{??? P.O.V.}---Flashback---

"Do you understand what you are to do?" Drosselmeyer asked from inside his world of gears.

"Yes, Ani. When the chance arises I am to kill them. They deserve no mercy for their crimes. When she is out of the picture my happy ending will begin, right?" ??? asked.

"Imōto, do you doubt me?" Drosselmeyer asked angrily. "Because if you do then maybe you are not truly ready. I am ready and willing to place you back in those chains again for the next few hundred years."

"No. No! Please. I'm ready. I was just... making sure." The girl corrected herself in fear of what would happen if her Ani was angered. His wrath had fallen on her one too many times and she knew how miserable life could become.

"You may be the only person my writing cannot control, but I have other ways," Drosselmeyer said.

"Y-Y-Yes Ani, I remember." ??? replied with a slight shudder at the memories or all the pain and suffering she had brought on herself before. A new wave of resolve washed over her mind as she remembered what she must do, and what they had done to her before.

"Do not fail your assignment, Imōto. You know what will happen if you do." Drosselmeyer said.

"Yes, Ani." ??? replied and bowed her head in reverence. Then the girl looked up while she swiftly and stealthily left the world of turning gears.

---End of Flashback---

{Fakir's P.O.V.}

I realized only too late that if I were to only have waited a mere few minutes more neither of them would have been in danger. I did the only thing possible as I noticed there was no way that we all would be making it across unharmed. With Grace in my arms running had been burdensome, and more than once I almost fell because of my rush, but I could not let them see how panicked I was. I felt like I was about to pass out. None of that mattered though because Duck could be in danger. The horse drawn cart grew closer and I did the only thing imaginable. I threw Grace as hard as I could and prayed that it was far enough to reach the other side. As soon as my arms were free I found Autor with a slightly panicked expression coating his face. I instinctively pushed Autor even harder than with Grace as the cart was approaching rapidly. I could see both of them going through the air as if time slowed down. Grace's body had somehow ended up facing me due to my toss trying to cover as much ground without causing too much harm to the one being thrown. Our eyes locked and I was immediately thrown into a vision. It was Duck. I watched helplessly as she writhed in pain and began to breathe harshly in her sleep. This was not like any of the other nightmares she has had before, this was serious. I realized that this was not a vision, this was a memory. Grace's memory of what had happened earlier that night. She was right to come and get us Duck was getting bad. Her breathing was almost as bad as during the incident when Grace was dropped. Suddenly I felt something ram into my side and I was roughly jolted back into the present. The pain of impact was met with the imminent feeling of the presence of Drosselmeyer watching nearby. It was not the feeling of time being stopped but I could feel his gaze watching over the events and most likely causing this event as a small added flourish to the tale that he desperately wanted to tell. My body was soon flying through the air and as I began to hope that I would miss the rest of the caravan completely I was thrown hard into the first oncoming cart. My body crumbled and I went completely limp. With the cart drawn forward I felt bones crunch and was about to cry out in pain when I was throw into the air once again. I breathed a sigh of relief, its over, I thought only a little too soon. My back contacted with the other corner of the cart and felt bones snap as the blinding red pain filled my vision. If the breath had not been so rudely taken from me I would have cried out in excruciating pain. It felt as if my mind had been detached from my body as I was finally thrown into the air again. I didn't recognize exactly what was going on to my body, I only comprehended the extreme and utter pain that I felt. At one point I realized that I had been flying through the air longer than before and I was reattached to my body once again.

The End. Or Is It? #3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें