Chapter 1 | Rockstar

CHAPTER 1 | Rockstar

Perrie had never been the type of girl to derail from what she wanted. She was a go getter, a dream chaser and she didn't take no for an answer. It was just who she was. If someone ever told her that she couldn't do something, she would go on to prove why she could. She was stubborn and hard-headed, no doubt, but that's why people liked her. They found her to be entertaining and empowering, of all things. She was the kind of person that younger kids looked up to and that's one of the main reasons that she wanted to be a singer. She wanted to be inspirational, she wanted to be a role model to younger children.

It wasn't hard to tell that there weren't very many good rolemodels in the industry anymore. They were all provacative and controversial. Teens and kids especially really needed a good rolemodel. A rolemodel to teach them what friendship is and to teach them how to treat people.

When Perrie auditioned for Starlight, she never expected that so much would come out of it. She especially didn't expect to end up with Leigh Anne, but God works in mysterious ways.

It had been a long day and obviously thousands had come to Starlight to audition. Perrie was going to be the last of the bunch after this girl went up.

Perrie watched her audition from the monitor. She had jet black hair put up in a clean bun and dark brown eyes and she wore dark blue skinny jeans, a gray crop top that said Don't and something incomprehensible under it from the monitor as well as a pair of black sandals.

She was quite pretty, but Perrie thought that nearly everyone was pretty

She was quite pretty, but Perrie thought that nearly everyone was pretty. She was a lesbian anyhow. It was normal for her to call a woman pretty or sexy or cute. Some people weren't as accepting of that as others.

Perrie turned her attention back to the monitor when the girl began talking.

"Hi." her voice was soft and airy.

The judges panel consisted of four celebrities; Zayn Malik, Leona Lewis, Justin Timberlake, and Ariana Grande. Perrie was a big fan of all of the acts.

"What's your name, hon?" Leona asked.

"Leigh Anne Pinnock." Leigh Anne, hmm. The name suited her.

"Where are you from?" Justin asked.

"High Wycombe, England." Leigh Anne said.

"And what are you singing for us today, babe?" Zayn asked, winking at the beautiful girl on stage.

"I'll be singing crushcrushcrush by Paramore." Perrie's eyes widened in surprise. She expected Leigh Anne to be more of an R&B type of girl.

"Nice choice. Go ahead." Ariana said.

The music started. As Leigh Anne started singing, Perrie's mouth dropped to the floor. There was no way to explain her voice. It was gritty and thick, yet soft at the same time and if Perrie hadn't already fallen for Leigh Anne's face, her voice would've knocked Perrie off of her feet.

She was in awe of how well Leigh Anne made the stage her own. She took control and had the crowd jumping up and down by the first chorus. She was fantastic. By the time she finished her audition, Ariana and Justin were clapping so hard. Leona and Zayn were a bit more laid back and a bit more professional as well.

"What do we say, guys?" Leona asked her fellow judges on the panel.

Instantly Justin and Ariana said yes, making Leigh Anne chuckle. Leona also said yes hesistantly, but Zayn wasn't that keen on her.
"Listen Leigh Anne, I think you are fantastic. However, I don't think you are quite ready yet, so I'm going to have to say no, but either way, you're still through. Congratulations." Zayn smiled at the dark brunette.

"Thank you so much!" Leigh Anne squealed, jumping up and down before running off stage.

There Perrie saw her in person, without the telly screen. It was Leigh Anne in the flesh.

"You did amazing." Perrie said, seeing Leigh Anne talking to a friend, it seemed like.

Leigh Anne turned around in surprise and was met with the most beautiful pair of blue eyes she had ever seen.

"Wow, thank you. You're next, aren't you?" Leigh Anne questioned and Perrie nodded.

Leigh Anne continued, "Well, good luck, babe."

"Thanks. That's my cue." Perrie smiled, waving goodbye. Leigh Anne did the same.

There Leigh Anne watched the unnamed girl walk on stage. She was so beautiful. She wore a black tanktop and a striped sweater atop it. Her bright blonde hair laid against her shoulders and she wore ripped blue skinny jeans and stiletto black boots.

The girl told the judges that her name was Perrie and Leigh Anne instantly thought that the name suited her

The girl told the judges that her name was Perrie and Leigh Anne instantly thought that the name suited her. She announced her song choice, which was very different from Leigh Anne's choice. She chose "How Long Will I Love You" by Ellie Goulding.

When Perrie opened her mouth, Leigh Anne was in absolute awe. She had such a strong and bold voice. Leigh Anne was so jealous of her voice. She instantly knew that she had no chance of winning the competition when Perrie started singing. Her voice was beautiful and Leigh Anne remained listening to Perrie's audition as all four judges gave her a yes and she made it through to the competition and popped back up backstage.

"Congratulations, Perrie." Leigh Anne said to Perrie and Perrie smiled and walked off with her family.

And that was how it started; two girls and a singing competition. Two girls who were supposed to be enemies actually fell for their competition.