Part 8: Fallen Ash

I awoke... Blood spilling from my head with hesitated thoughts circling around in my brain...
I looked around... Nothing but darkness... What happened?
Suddenly I heard a maniac laugh coming from all around me, echoing...
The cackle made me jump as I looked around into complete stillness and smoke...
I felt it go up my nostrils as I breathed it in and choked... I looked around and it was nothing but darkness and loneliness surrounding my weak existence... Rocks had fallen onto my legs and I had a scar going down the right side of my face... It's a good job I threw the grenade or I would have been dead...

The cackle of the dolls laughter continued to fill the very little air I had, Making me squirm...
Before I knew it... I felt a pinch in my hand... I thought it was him but then I remembered the stab in my hand from inside the vent... It was stinging like crazy! Probably infected...

I struggled onto my feet and whimpered at the pain of my ankles as I struggled to walk... I limped over to the tiny, not so noticeable beam of light that shone directly at me like a sign of freedom...

I hurried limped towards it... Then I heard the crumbling rocks and footsteps following right behind... It made me hurry up if anything... As I got close I tripped and I could hear him getting closer... The sound where echoey and I was too dizzy to hesitate... I looked up to see fire engines and police cars outside the building...

"h-help!" I struggled to speak... The smoke traveled it's way into my mouth and give a very quiet sound that could only be described as a whimper... I used my elbows to travel further distance towards the light... I reached my hand through the crack and that's when they noticed me...

It wasn't long before I felt the tug on my arm and was pulled out into the ray of sunlight that beamed on me like a blaze... I squinted my eyes and heard the whole class gasp at their amazement... The teacher come rushing towards me...
"what where you thinking! Why didn't you go outside like the others!"
I continued to cough at her response to my appearance and finally cackle, "are you glad I'm not dead? Or are you just glad to see me well so you dont have the trouble of explaining to My parents the bad job you did at keeping me alive? Either way I find it highly amusing!" I was too raspy to shout... Instead I pushed off the blanket I had placed around my shoulder and began to walk home...

20 minuits of walking down the street with ripped jeans and ash layering over me I arrived home with a voicemail from my mum...
I clicked it...

"honey!? Please if you get this then ring me straight away! I heard about what happened! Me and your father are coming home now!" I heard my mum panic down the phone.

I quickly rang her

"hello?"
"hi mum it's me i-"
"thank God your ok! I heard what happened are you hurt?"
"No mum I'm fine it was just an accident and a little explosion me and everyone else are fine!"
"me and your father are coming home now!"
"No mum seriously it's fine... Im fine don't bother"
"No we are coming home"
"No mum! Seriously! Don't come home please!"
"w-what has gotten into you?"
"just... Enjoy your holiday don't worry about me I'm fine honestly I will see you in 3 days ok?"
After a long pause she finally answered
"ok... Love you..."
"you too oh and mum? He's not my dad"
"haha understood take care!"
I ended the call
Oh I will....
Thank God she didn't come here!
I hurried upstairs and took a shower, not before I locked all of the doors and windows though... After I got changed I ran into the kitchen and tightly bandaged my arm, some blood leaking through... I ran into the attic... I kept my sleeve up so i could see how the bandage was doing... The padlock was on the carpet and there where several knife marks on the attic door. He must have sneaked a knife up and squeezed his hand through the knife holes...

I heard a bang from my bedroom so my instincts told me to go down to the kitchen and grab a knife... But before I could... Chucky leaped on my back and I reacted in a defensive way... I pushed my back against the hallway walls... Crushing him against my weight before he let go and I kicked him into the spare room where the attic door was and locked it with the bolt... I've got to react fast! I ran downstairs and Went to get a knife from the kitchen but the front door Bursted open and there stood Jack, towering over me.

"jack!" I screamed with joy
I launched onto my feet
"what's going on here I heard screaming!" he said
"oh that? It was me... Yeah I burned myself on the iron" I explained untruthfuly
"No it wasn't you... It was like a man's voice" he suspected
He walked into the kitchen...
"there's no iron here" he said
"that's because... I put it away" I lied
"Alex tell me what's going on!" he demanded
Suddenly there was a noise upstairs...
Me and Jack both looked at eachother and Jack (slyly) stormed upstairs.
"No jack!" I chased after him
He was about to unlock the bolt
"No jack dont go in!" I grabbed his arm but he already unlocked it...
he stormed up into the attic with me worryingly tangling behind.

We reached the attic and chucky wasn't here...
"um... See there's nothing up here!" he didn't listen and kept walking into the depth of the attic...
"will you listen to me!" I yelled
He turned around
"I'm worried about you!" he said
"well dont be I'm perfectly fine your the one with the knife wound!"
Jack stared at me... "And so are you," he pointed at my arm...
"who was it that did this to me!?" He asked innocently yet angrily
"it was the intruder!" I said
"No..... Who was it!" he said
"what are you going on about?" I confusingly asked... shaking...
He give me a menacing look
"you think I did that! Seriously!? I was in the kitchen!" I yelled
"fine... Either that or you got someone to do it!" he screamed
"what the fuck jack!" I screamed
He lept onto me and pinned me to the ground. I pushed him off Me and began to run to the stairs but I got pulled back. He flew me to the corner of the room and menacingly walked over to me.

Before I could react chucky jumped from the ceiling and landed on his shoulders. Jack struggled and I got up to help him but chucky slashed my arm... I fell back down as the bandaged was slightly ripped and chucky drived jack to the wall and smashed his head against it leaving both him and Jack to fall. Jack had blood around his head and chuckys knife was dripping with it from the slice in my arm...