Make Up

Marik sat on his bed, changing into some comfier clothes to sleep in. He took off his socks, and he brushed his hair out a bit.
Suddenly the door opened, and he raised a brow as Bakura came inside and flopped face first onto Marik's bed.

"Florence, what are you-"

"There was a spider in my bed." He said, muffled by the sheets. "So I'm sleeping in here tonight. Okay? Okay."

Marik grew uneasy, and tried pulling him up. "No, I could kill the spider for you. You can't sleep here."

"Just because there's the one spider that you say you'll kill," Bakura spat, irritably. "Doesn't mean there aren't any more."

"Well, sucks for you." He tugged on his arm, and that was no use. He then pushed his side and rolled him off the bed, letting him land with a small yelp and a loud thunk!
"Go back to your room."

"Why won't you let me stay? I've let you stay in my room on occasion. It's only fair if I-"

"Life isn't fair." He opened the door. "Now get out."

Bakura crossed his arms. "No."

"No?"

"No. What the bloody hell has gotten into you? You're so...isolated. And only I'm allowed to do that."

"Well, maybe I don't want you in here. Now, go!" Marik fumed.

Bakura walked over and shut the door. "Tell me the problem. What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing is wrong, now get out!" Marik stepped away when Bakura got closer. "Get OUT!!!"

"I'm not leaving without answers!"

"Bakura, will you just listen to me?!"

"You never listen to me! Why should I listen to you!?"

"Because this is important and you're being stubborn!" Marik backed away until he was against the wall, where Bakura had cornered him.

"And you're not!?" Bakura couldn't seem to understand it. Marik was never so shut away, so insecure... "What could be so important that you need to be all alone!? WHAT'S. WRONG!?"

"YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND!!!" Marik yelled back, and snuck away from the wall to sit on the edge of the bed. "You wouldn't care."

The kitty sighed. "I don't care about much at all, Marik."

"Exactly." He blinked away a few tears. "Bakura. If I told you what was wrong, you'd laugh at me."

"No, I wouldn't."

"Yes, you would."

"Then what is it?" Bakura walked over and sat beside him on the edge. He placed a hand on his back for good measure. "What has upset you so much that you'd drag me out of the room and shut me out?"

With that, Marik began to cry.
Bakura opened his arms, and Marik just sobbed into his shoulder, clinging to his torso.

When his eyes seemed all dried out, Marik sniffled and said, "I'm a FAKE."

Bakura just blinked. "What?"

"You can't sleep with makeup on," Marik frowned. "Or else you'll breakout. In acne. And I don't do acne."

"And that's important because...?"

Marik scoffed. "Because! I have to take my makeup off before I go to bed. And then..."

It sunk in. Bakura tried putting a hand against Marik's face, but he turned away. "Marik..." He said. "How much makeup are you wearing...?"

Marik got up and went to the bathroom, where he got out his makeup remover wipes and cried a little bit.
Florence just waited outside, curious to see what Marik hid behind his makeup. It didn't make any sense. They've slept in the same bed before, and Marik had no complaint then. So what was with this sudden insecurity?

"Promise not to laugh?" Asked Marik behind the door, using water to wash away anything left behind.

"Sure." Bakura responded from the other side. "What's so bad about not wearing any makeu-"
Right then, Marik opened the door, revealing his face.

There was nothing very different about it at all, actually. It was still Marik's same face; only there was no eyeliner, and his skin was just a little paler (due to spray on tan), but not by that much at all. Marik's face didn't differ much at all, really.

"Wow," was all Bakura could say. Kind of an exaggeration.

Marik's lower lip quivered and his eyes got all watery again. "What did I tell you? I'm ugly!"

Never so badly did Bakura want to softly bang his head against the wall, but instead he stepped closer to Marik and held his face in his hands. "Look at me." He said in that gruff, sexy British accent.
Marik looked up from his tears, seeing Bakura's hands on his shoulders.
"You're not ugly, Marik." He says. "If you were ugly, do you think I'd be wasting my time with you? Besides, you've got your midriff."

"Wait a second!" He backed away. "Are you telling me you're only here because I'm good looking?"

"Marik, your looks are an added bonus." Ra, I sound so cheesy. "Besides...you've...um...you have a wonderful personality!"

Marik looked up. "Is that all you can think of?"

"Well, um...you..." Bakura thought harder. "...you're not....well, you try not to be stupid."

Marik sniffed, touched. "Do you really think so?"

"I know so." Bakura grinned, sighing from relief that the whole charade was over with. "Now, may I please sleep here tonight?"

"Sure. Just don't drool on my pillows." Marik lied down next to him, snuggling close and falling asleep in his arms.

I decided to pull of a cheesy lil' "you're perfect just the way you are" kinda thing.
Idk man I thought it would be cute