Thieving

New setting. New scenario. Never met before.
Inspired by the beginning of the Incredibles except they're evil and don't have superpowers

Even with gloves on his fingers, Bakura could tell that the wall was cold.
Still, he pressed his ear against it, making sure he couldn't hear anymore murmuring voices behind it.  There were at least four people in the room, all remaining silent by voice. However, they shifted their weight, yawned, and maybe even held their weapons tighter; it made a sound that was detectable.

Bakura looked up at the vents.  A way inside the room, perhaps? It was quite a cliché plan, but a plan nonetheless.
Without further delay, he began to unscrew the screws with the tip of a dagger. He caught them as they fell, since he couldn't afford to make himself noticeable -he wouldn't breathe if it meant getting caught.

As quietly as he could, he removed the vent cover and set it down gently.  Bakura looked into the gaping hole in the wall, realizing he'd have to survive a claustrophobic nightmare.

But what if he needed to make a break for it? He knew the building's layout, every nook and cranny stored in his memory but most were for hiding spots. The exits were all downstairs and he would rather not jump out the window.
He just needed to make sure he would wind up in the right place, and escape quickly and quietly.

The room with the jewel (haha yeah yeah, cliche, just roll with it) would be guarded and monitored, at least.

His hair was tied back and he covered his face with his hood, so he hoped to leave not as much as a hair for them to use and find him.

So on his hands and knees, he crawled through the vents that smelled metallic. The scent of dust tickled the inside of his nose.

Bakura drew in a steady breath and held it-- just the sound echoing against of the metal could give him away.

He made a right turn to see the opening, peering out through the cover. There were indeed four guards, all armed with tasers and guns. Though he couldn't see any, he was sure there'd be cameras getting full view of the room.

But, cliche as it was, the bright blue-purple tanzanite gem shone against the moonlight glow.

You'd think they'd be smart enough to put it in a room with no windows... Bakura thought in disdain, biting his lip to hold back his laughter. They're making this too easy...

His grip on the knife in his hand tightened, and he wondered just how he was going to take out the camera when there was the sound of breaking glass.

"What the hell?!" The guards faced the window, aiming their guns toward the glass.

Bakura knew that times like these were not to be wasted. He used the diversion to kick open the cover of the vent, which was louder than what he wanted.

The guards turned their head to that sound, and aimed to shoot at him.
The two guards closest to him fell to the ground with a loud grunt, and the other two looked to where those shots came from.

Bakura used a revolver-- not his ideal weapon, but it got the job done-- and shot the third guy right between his eyes.

The fourth guy scrambled for his handheld transceiver, but was unfortunately shot by both Bakura and whoever else was at work.