Show me that smile!

Marik approached the side of the bed quietly, his breathing softened, his footsteps nearly inaudible. Stealthily, smoothly, and carefully he crept closer, so not as to wake Bakura from his nap.

Poor little kitten was so exhausted after having stayed up all night with Marik in Yugi's bedroom, raiding his sock drawer and hiding clusters of lint that looked like spiders in there.

Truly it was an evil plan. Marik couldn't seem to figure out how Bakura got his lint clusters to look and even move like real life spiders.

Any-who, Bakura slept and Marik tried to get close enough to spook him.

Marik snickered while Bakura talked in his sleep. He said his usual words, usually pertaining to murder and violence. And something about "taking off that lavender shirt of his", which Marik didn't know what that was all about.

In his head, he counted to three.

1...

2...

3!

And he pounced onto him while yelling and Bakura woke up and started yelling too and Marik started laughing and fell over and there was lots of yelling and Bakura realized what had happened, then proceeded to hit Marik with a pillow, over and over again.

"Ow! I'm—frig! Fluffy! Stop!"

Bakura took the pillow and pressed it to Marik's chest. He leaned over him and snarled, "Don't EVER do that again! You're lucky my knife wasn't clutched in my fist or I would've cut you into the kind of cubes that go in tacos!"

Marik had just kept snickering. "But you didn't! Therefore I am safe, and you still look stupid!"

When Bakura inhaled slowly, he tried to stop imagining his hands clasped around Marik's throat. "Why the bloody hell did you wake me?"

"To scare you! You should've seen the look on your face!"

"Marik, I'm tired! Leave me alone!"

Marik crawled toward him and suddenly became very cuddly. "Fluffy...are you angry?"

"Yes—!" Bakura leaned back. "...what the bloody hell are you doing?"

He had crawled onto his lap and sat on his thighs, laughing still. "I'm going to stay here until you're not angry anymore."

"Maybe you shouldn't have pissed me off!"

"Bakura~" Marik took Bakura's hands in his own. "I'll give you a massage if you stop being angry."

"I don't want you bloody massage. I want to go back to sleep."

"And I wanna spend time with you!" Pushing him back, not too forcefully but with some oomph, he got Bakura laying down while he still sat up straight. "I'll be your best friend."

Bakura sighed. "You seem to have made yourself that without my help or approval. Nothing I can particularly do about that at the moment."

Marik pouted. "Whatever helps you sleep at night."

"If you'll ever let me get to it."

He laughed, then he leaned down in front of Bakura's face. "I know you can smile. Can I see you smile?"

"No you cannot. I'm tired. I want to sleep." He shrugged, but when he looked up he saw Marik only inches from his face. He froze, his face reddening and his skin sweating.
"Uh—"

"You're blushing."

"...that's because I'm surprisingly uncomfortable."

"Uncomfortable? I'm sitting on you. That's basically touching my butt. I do not permit butt touching but since we are wearing pants, it's fine. I would assume this is like your dream come true!"

"...my dream?" Bakura wanted to laugh. "My dreams are far more...well...farther. Er, further."

"But this is also reality. I thought you'd enjoy something similar to this."

"You're half right."

Marik moved toward him and yanked his torso closer to himself. "Fluffy...I know you want to smile...!"

Bakura stiffened against him, tempted to move his arms around him and kinda hold him for a bit.
Reluctantly, he leaned his head against Marik's chest.

"Aww...see? You love me."

"I don't. I bloody hate you."

"What if I told you that I loved you?"

"Um..." he hadn't a clue. "I..."
He frowned and leaned against him, saying, "I'm still angry."

"Bakura," Marik twirled a lock of Kura's hair in his fingers, and his fingers gently brushed themselves along his face. "I know how to make you smile..."

"No you bloody don't." He thought for a moment. "Are we finally killing Yugi?"

"No, not yet." He moved back and smooched the smack dab middle of his forehead.

Bakura grumbled, but he couldn't stop the smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.

PULLED THIS IDEA OUT OF MY SOCK

AND I WUNG IT

YAYYYYYYY