Chapter Eight

Eunrhee

"Thank you, once again for dinner. You continue to spoil me." I grinned as I had my arm wrapped around Yoongi's.

"It's my pleasure, Geparlys. I'm glad you enjoyed everything." He dryly chuckled. He didn't seem to be the life of the party tonight.

"What's the matter? You were quiet tonight." I pried as we got into a taxi.

"Nothing is the matter. I just didn't get much sleep last night, and I'm not the friendliest person when I haven't slept." Yoongi shrugged, folding up his white cane.

"Compared to when you have slept?" I raised an eyebrow and he clicked his tongue, staying silent. I decided to stop asking questions, and instead cuddle close to him. He stayed frozen and seemed discontent. I quietly sighed, hating seeing him like this. I contemplated saying more, but feared he would get annoyed with me. I didn't want that to happen when we have just started experiencing new things with each other.

We arrived at our hotel and Yoongi payed the taxi our fee. I helped him find his way to our room, and mentally sighed to myself, wanting him to start a conversation. I didn't like silent Yoongi. I felt uncomfortable and it seemed as if his mind was working the opposite way.

He went into the bedroom to change while I waited in the kitchen for him to say that I could enter. His call came later than expected, and I walked into the bedroom to change myself. I noticed on the bathroom door, his Military uniform hanging on the knob. I furrowed my eyebrows and decided to ask about it.

"Why is your uniform hanging on the door?"

"It helps remind me that I was once useful in the world. Even though I can't physically see it, I know it's there and the energy gives me confidence." I bit on my lip and nodded slowly, understanding what he was saying.

Yoongi found his way to the bed and made himself comfortable inside it. I soon joined him and scooted my body closer. It was quite a cold night, and his body heat kept me warm. I felt safe.

"Goodnight, Yoongi. Sleep well tonight, please." I whispered, looking at the small details of his facial features.

"Goodnight, Eunrhee. Don't let anything disturb your sleep." He felt around for my face and relaxed when he found it. He rested his hand on my cheek and gently caressed my cheek bones. I leant in closer and rested my lips on his for a small goodnight kiss. He then unexpectedly deepened the kiss, hungry for the love. The color crimson had made it's way onto my cheeks, where he was still caressing. I slowly pulled away from the kiss, our lips parting the same way you removed a sticker from it's backing. I dug my head in the crook of his neck and sighed.

"Tonight's our last night together before you have to go back to the hospital. I'm really worried about the Hoseok situation." Yoongi removed his hand from my face, and wrapped it around me instead, holding onto me tightly. I shut my eyes, ready to fall asleep.

"Don't worry about that now. Just enjoy this peaceful moment... I-I love you." He stuttered. I snapped my eyes open and moved my head to look at him. His facial expression seemed sincere, so I took it.

"I l-love you, too, Yoongi." I placed my head back down and rested my eyes closed, letting sleep take over.

~~~~~

My body jolted awake as I woke up in fright from a mild nightmare. I turned over to the bedside table and looked at the time. It was around 2am. I started to close my eyes to fall back asleep when I noticed Yoongi wasn't in the bed. I sat up, confused as to where he could have gone. I looked towards the bathroom to see if there was light coming from under the door.