Chapter 9

Brook's P.O.V

"Come on you have to go!" Zoe said trying to pull out of bed. "I don't want to! I'm tired!" i whined knowing i wasn't going to win this battle. She gave me one good tug and pulled me off my bed and onto the cold wood floor of my flat.

We were fighting about me going to dinner with a bunch of our friends. There would be Alfie, Marcus, Caspar, Jim, Tayna, Jack, Finn, and most importantly Joe. We havn't talked since the kiss, that was three weeks ago. There wasn't much to talk about we just carried away.

"Come on! You don't even work anymore! You just lay in bed all day!" she was right. I quit my job to scared to back and face chuck. It was stupid but i just couldn't see that face again. "I guess Zoe" i said standing up and looking at her. She clapped "Get dressed!" she said running out of the room.

I got took a shower, got dressed, and put my hair in a bun. I put on some random cloths and walked out "That's it?" Zoe asked. I looked down to see i was wearing blue jeans and a white shirt  "It's just dinner". She nodded then looked at me legs "Are your legs getting smaller?" and i nodded proudly.

"Yea my deit's been working well!" i cheered and touched my legs. "What have you been eating?" she asked "You know salad, fruit, oatmeal!". She nodded then looked at her phone "Come on we gotta hurry!" and we walked to the car.

We got in and she started the engine. She was driving and it was dark so she focused on the road and i was on my phone so it was silent. "You never told me what happened between you and Chuck" i let out a heavy sigh "We just had a difference in opinions". She nodded still looking at the road "Sorry about that".

We pulled up to the place and got out and walked in. We were greeted with smiles as everyone stood ready for a hug. I walked and hugged people then i came around and Joe and i just looked at each other for a while. "Hi" we both said in unison, we both laughed. Then he grabbed me and pulled me into a tight hug like i was going fade away.

We pulled back and i turned around to hug the next person. It was Caspar "Hey Brook!" he said squeezing me lightly. "Hey Casp!" i sang "I saved you a seat" he said pointing to the seat between him a Joe. I nodded and hesitantly sat down.

Everyone was caught up in their own conversation so i just sat there and i listened to Caspar. He was trying to impress me but i was barely listing. "Excuse me!" the waitress said getting everyone's attention "What can i get you? she asked to the table.

It went around person to person ordering food that sounding amazing. Then it came to me "I'll have a salad no dressing". The whole table looked at me like i killed a small child and the waitress left. "She's on a diet" Zoe said and everyone looked at me funny.

"Brook you're thin enough!" Marcus said and i nodded trying not to bark back. "You're about as thin as me!" Alfie said and i literally had to bite my tough. Soon the topic of conversation at the table was my weight. I knew they meant no harm by it but i wanted to say something. The pressure was building inside of my and i was ready to burst at any second.

Joe's P.O.V

I took a sip of water and looked at brook. She was biting her lip and she was shaking. She was also holding onto her arms, hugging herself. "You ok?" i whispered to her and she looked at me. Her eyes were shiny and she was on the brink of tears. 

"Do you want to talk?" she shrugged and i took that as a yes. I stood up and grabbed one of hands and walked us out in the cold dark London streets. As soon as we got out there she started crying quietly, almost like a small child.

She ran into me and wrapped her arms around me tightly. I rubbed her back comforting her "What's wrong?" i asked. She pulled away and wiped the tears from her face "There all just in there talking about me like I'm not even there!" she said sniffing. "They don't mean anything by it!" i said shoving my hands in my pocket.