Chapter 17

(Edited)

Rose was outside the hospital as Drew went to get the car, Ace by her side, this was the last time she would be here before heading back to America, as the guys had arrive on their private jet, they were at Rose's apartment packing up her belongings and taking them to the jet.

The appointment was a whirlwind, unable to keep her eyes away from the ultrasound photo in her hand. Ace was the same but took a moment to help Rose into the vehicle when Drew pulled up, Rose still in her own little world.

The team were at the diner, where the crew were waiting anxiously to see the image.

They were bouncing in their seats when Rose, Ace and Drew waltzed into the room. "Let's see" Tommy says loudly and full of excitement.

The picture was handed around and Rose took a seat next to her father, he places a hand on her knee as she lent into him, seeing the smiles getting wider looking at the photo Rose giggled "You guys are such softies" she says quietly, not thinking they would hear her, but the silence around the booth said otherwise.

"What?" Leighton asks with a raised eyebrow and smile threatening to break out. Rose acted innocent and looked around the booth pretending she didn't say anything.

"What? What?" she asks.

Everyone was amused by Rose's pathetic attempt at pretending she didn't say anything. "Did you just call us softies?" he asks.

Rose grins cheekily at her godfather "What if I did?" she questions in wonder.

Leighton stands up out of his seat and goes around the table, he was stood in front of Rose and began to tickle her, she had become more sensitive since being pregnant and she let out a bout of laughter.

"I'm sorry" she laughs out, Leighton smiles at her and stops so she didn't hurt herself. Propped against her father to keep herself up right.

"Oh, Rose I found you baby book whilst we were packing, thought you would want to put the photo in" James says and puts the book down on the table as Leighton took his seat again.

Once she caught her breath, she opened the book the first blank page and puts the image in, taking the pen she kept with it she writes the date and all other information the midwife told her at the hospital.

"Are those form your appointments?" Ace asks glancing at the book. Rose nods and hands, it over to him.

He starts form the beginning, taking his time to look at all the pages Rose had filled out so far, Rose focused on Ace as he looked through, ignoring the conversations around her.

Dana came around topping everyone's drinks and giving food for Rose to eat, "Can you eat anymore?" Ryan asks wide-eyed.

"I'm eating for two you know" scowling at her friend, Ryan holds his hands up surrender "I know, but does it always have to be that concoction?" looking at the fries, nuggets and shake.

"I can't help what I'm craving" she whines out and then a bout of sickness ran through Rose. Jumping up from her seat she rushes to the bathroom and heaves up her meal. Drew rushes after her and rubs her back as she haves over the toilet basin.

"You okay?" Drew asks when she finishes.

Rose nods her hand and Drew helps her to her feet.

She washes her mouth out and her hands "I thought the morning sickness was over" she groans out.

They walk back to the table and everyone is looking at her in concern, she sits next to Ace, leaning against him and closes her eyes, he rubs his hand on her stomach to soothe her, "Morning sickness" Drew says.

Scott frowns "I thought you had already got passed that?" he asks.

"I thought so too, but I guess there are some foods that set me off still" she says and lets out a yawn.

"I think we should wait a day longer till we leave, make sure you are feeling better before heading out" Scott says.

Everyone agrees and Rose doesn't bother to fight, she just rests for a moment, Dana came over and offered, Leighton shakes his head "Were fine for now, thanks Dana, but we'll be back in the morning get some food before heading out, Rose isn't feeling well so we've delayed a day".

Dana nods. Drew headed out to pack his belongings with the crew to help, Ace, Scott and Leighton remained. They chatted together as Rose rested her eyes.

The diner began to fill up and Rose noticed that Dana didn't have any other staff working other than herself and the chef.

With the guys distracted talking, Rose got up from the table and walked around the counter, grabbing her apron she took the notepad and pen from the pocket and walked to a table to take their order.

Scott, Leighton and Ace didn't realise she was no longer there for twenty minutes, it probably would have been longer if it weren't for that group of girls and guys from before that attacked Rose who started mouthing off.

"Well, well, well, look who it is, the whore, where's your killer boyfriend?" she sneers.

Rose scoffs but keeps a smile on her face when she saw the crooked nose from when she broke it against the floor a month ago.

"Nice face, did you get a nose job?" Rose sniggers.

The girl gasps in horror "You bitch" she squeals which had everyone looking their way.

"I didn't do anything to you" Rose says.

"You broke my nose" she shouts pointing an accusing finger at Rose who laughs "No, you broke your nose when you face planted the floor" she explains.

A few people laugh at the statement remembering what happened.

Leighton, Scott and Ace watched the scene unfold ready to jump if Rose ended up in danger.

"Look do you want something, if not I will kindly ask you to leave" Rose speaks courteously.

"Why the hell should I leave, I was here before you, so maybe you should leave, no one wants a whore around here. We already have a killer, but then again you are screwing him so maybe you should both leave" she spits out.

"Wow, you really know how to tell people huh?" Rose says sarcastically already bored with the situation.

"What's going on?" Ace asks getting out of his seat and making his way over.

The girl sees Ace and pulls her skirt up and shirt down, she stands up and stops Ace from reaching Rose, wrapping her arm around his she looks up at him in what she perceived to be a sexy pout "She's an evil cow and a whore, she won't stop being mean".

Rolling her eyes "Oh please, if anyone here is a whore, it's you, you've probably slept with half the male population of your school".

Ace removes the girl from his body and strides over to Rose, "You okay?" he asks concerned.

She nods "Yeah, I know how to handle myself" she says.

Leaning down Ace places a peck on her lips and then on the forehead "I know, but I will still be concerned".

Rose felt an eruption of butterflies in her stomach followed by a swift kick from the baby, Rose takes Ace's hand and places it on her stomach in time for the baby to kick again "See, even baby agrees with me" he says with a smile.

It was the first time he had felt the baby kick and Rose noticed the look on his face "You going to be touchy feely, now aren't you?" Rose giggles.

Ace nod his head. Rose turns to the girl "You need to sit down and behave, or I will throw you out okay?" she says in a sickly-sweet voice.

Ace goes back to Leighton and Scott, not without checking on Rose often. Two hours pass and Drew returns with the other guys at the diner, they were al shocked to see Rose serving making her laugh, no matter how often they tried to get her to sit down she refused, not wanting to leave Dana alone and she couldn't stay seated long, especially when the baby was moving around a lot.