Chapter 19

(Edited)

The word 'Daddy' coming out of Rose's mouth panicked everyone, they all learned pretty quickly what that meant.

Watching Leighton and Ace rush out with Scott carrying his little girl had them all in fear, not much scared these guys with the job they did, but losing Rose was what everyone had nightmares on.

She was theirs to keep, love, and protect, and so far, they had failed and now she was sick they were sure to blame themselves.

When the front door slammed shut no one uttered a word, and they were to stay like that until they heard from Scott or Leighton.

Drew sat amongst the crew remaining silent, he knew better than to talk, he could see it on the guys faces the fear they carried, he too felt it, this was Rose his only friend in a decade and something was wrong.

Leighton drove with Ace sat up front, Scott holding onto his little Rose trying to get her to wake but she wasn't budging.

Leighton pulled up outside the hospital and Ace jumped out, opening the door for Scott and they rushed into the hospital as Leighton went to look for a place to park.

The nurses at the front desk were in a fright when Scott ran in with a small girl in his arms, Ace by his side. Both men alone were scary, but together and looking panicked had the nurses hesitant to approach and wondered if security needed to be called.

"Please, my daughter needs help" Scot begs.

One nurse rushed into action calling for a gurney to be brought over, Scott placed his daughter on, the nurse looks at the unconscious girl "Okay sir, can you tell me what happened?" she asks calmly as she looks over the girl.

"She has been sleeping for nearly twenty-eight hours, she is weak, couldn't grip onto anything, and she's seven months pregnant" he rushes out.

The nurse lifts the girl's shirt and raises a brow "She's seven months pregnant?" unsure if she heard him correctly.

Scott nods his head "He's small, she's been having regular monthly checks to keep track of his size".

The nurse nods and turns to a male nurse to have her wheeled into a room. Scott and Ace by her side as they moved her, getting to a set of double door, Scott and Ace are made to stop, they can only watch as her unconscious body is rolled away from them.

Bringing her into a room the nurse gets started on checking her over, a doctor soon joined, and they began to converse.

Satisfied that she didn't have a heart issue, the machine showed her carrying a steady heartrate as did the baby.

Bloods were taken and fluids were injected into her for hydration.

When the Results came back, the doctor walked into the room to find Rose awake and slightly groggy, "Ah, the patients awake" Doctor Leah Walters smiles as the looks between the clipboard and Rose who pushed herself up in the bed.

"What happened?" she says hoarsely.

Dr Walters smiles, placing the clipboard down she walks over to the bed side table and pours out a glass of water and hands it to Rose who sips it.

"Well your father ran into the hospital with you unconscious in his arms, we ran some tests and it turns out you are anaemic, you are fortunate that we have caught it early" she says with a soft smile, hoping it would bring some comfort to her.

Rose was confused, "Anaemic? Care to break that down for the mundane".

Dr Walters chuckles "Anaemia is a condition in which you lack enough healthy red blood cells to carry adequate oxygen to your body's tissues. Having anaemia can make you feel tired and weak, which is what has happened to you" she explains.