Episode 7

Author's Note:

Hello!

This is a relatively short chapter, just going to warn you~

Enjoy!

________________________________________________________

It has been 8 days since Rael and Karl were kicked out to the outside world.   

They didn't have much food left. The food was originally just packed for Rael, but for obvious reasons, Rael was not going to  starve Karl to death. The two children were weak and hungry.   

The original plan was to continue to walk along the wall until they reached anther district, hopefully Shiganshina. However, they saw titans along the wall, trying to get in, from the distance. Now, the two children are not in sight of any manmade structure.  

Titans are drawn to humans with a larger presence. That is to say, larger crowds of humans, or larger humans. These children were small, so they have yet to encounter a life-and-death situation involving the titans. When they could, they tried to stay high up in the trees, where it is less likely for them to be killed. Being constantly on the move helped to lessen the possibility of a huge crowd of titans surrounding them.   

But this couldn't continue for long. The both of them knew that eventually, they would have to face the titans head on.   

The next few days, there were more titans than usual, and Karl seemed oddly quiet. Rael still had no idea why Karl, too, was rejected from the district. She never found a good opportunity to ask him, either.   

Finally, the day came.   

A huge 30m-class titans came charging towards them. The sunlight was bright, and they saw the titan from a distance. Rael grabbed her steel blade that she obtained from the soldiers.   

"Karl, what should we do?" Rael asked.  

Karl only stared at the titan. It seemed like, deep inside, he was trying to make up his mind. After a moment, Karl faced Rael.  

"Don't worry, I will protect you."  

___

A loud noise of someone falling brought Rael back to reality. Running to the source of the sound, Rael saw a female cadet with black hair on the ground. What was her name? Was it Mikasa? Rael remembered her from when she had visited the training camp. Wasn't she supposed to be extremely competent and talented?   

She probably ran out of gas...that was the only logical explanation. What, had she killed too many titans? Working too hard? Rael watched as a titan approached her. Mikasa didn't budge. What on earth is she doing? Is she accepting fate? The sight disappointed Rael. Obviously even Mikasa was not fit to be a soldier.   

Rael watched as the titan came in closer. Suddenly, Mikasa used her broken blade to evade the titan. That move surprised her. It seems like Mikasa has yet to completely loose her will to live.    However, even after Mikasa managed to evade the titan, more titans came and surrounded her. She was trapped, but at least she looked like she was ready to fight for her life.   

That was the sort of determination needed in the military.   

Rael kept watching as a titan with long hair and elfish ears came over to Mikasa. Mikasa was getting ready to fight that titan, but Rael knew that the titan won't attack her.   

The titan strangely resembled Eren.   

Evidently, this was not the first time Rael saw a human-titan. Seeing Eren in his titan form, she left the scene with the assurance that both Eren and Mikasa will live. Surely, they will both face hardships later on. The military is bound to find out about Eren's transformation.   

As of now, the military has no idea that there are certain humans who are capable of transforming into titans.This will be quite a pleasant surprise for them.  

With nothing else to do, Rael sat there and kept watching them. Eren successfully destroyed the other titans, and later two other trainees came to help Mikasa. One of them was the boy with the long hair.   

After exchanging their gas canisters and blades, and three took off. By now, Rael was feeling pretty useless. Hmm.  

At least, the anchors on the 3DMG still worked.   

Rael thought for a moment.   

Hopefully, Eren will be attracted to the huge crowd of titans near the HQ, and at that time, Rael will go to refill her gas and rescue the trainees and soldiers stationed in HQ.  

Yea, that's a good plan.  

______________________________________________

Author's Note: 

Thanks again for reading! 

Remember to vote and comment! I love encouragement!

Thanks a bunch!