𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

Nearly completely obscured by the shadows around me, I pulled my legs closer to me

Nearly completely obscured by the shadows around me, I pulled my legs closer to me. Streaks of bright moonlight fell across the room from the window, casting an almost ethereal glow to the already extravagant furnishings, but it would be more fitting to call it an oppressive one.

Outside, I could hear the mixture of music, laughter, and muddled conversation further up the property where the party was. However, despite the proximity, it felt a million miles away.

Chest-wracking sobs cut through me in waves as I hugged my legs, my nails digging into the side of my calves. The warmth from the outside that wafted in did little to distill the ice solidifying through my body.

Paralyzing me. I couldn't stop the shaking no matter what I did. It was getting harder to breathe.

Filthy. Disgusting. That's what I was now. How was I supposed to show myself to anyone after this? How was I going to look at myself?

I looked down at the torn shirt, the bra exposed for anyone to see. Though it was futile, all I could do was pull the destroyed shirt tighter, trying to hide the ugly evidence from my eyes. As tears spilled down my face and landed on my forearms, I wished for time to revert back; so none of this ever happened.

"Easy."

"Tease."

"You're nothing but a pathetic tease. Tell whoever you want, because no one will ever believe the slut who cries wolf."

I whimpered, covering my ears with my hands to keep the voices from echoing. But they only grew louder. More vulgar.

"Filthy."

"Eileen. . ."

"Disgusting."

"Eileen. . ."

Ruined.

Whore.

"Eileen, honey, wake up."

"You knew this was coming. Stop acting like you don't want it."

I jolted awake, my head colliding with the window of the passenger seat, and I cursed. Cradling my head, once the pain subsided, I looked at the blurry image of my aunt in confusion.

"We're here."

Feeling for my glasses in the cup holder, my vision cleared instantly. I stole a look at my phone, reading 5:57 pm. Finally, the ride was over.

Yet another nightmare. For the past two years nearly, my nights had been plagued by them. You would think one would be used to it by now. I always woke up more exhausted than before I went to sleep and the bags under my makeup grew worse.

I fucking hated traveling by car. Everything ached and my ass fell asleep more times than I care to mention. I don't recommend a 39-hour drive, but it was a must to bring my boxes along.