The Confrontation

Ashley's Pov

When the ceremony was over I told my parents I was going to talk to some friends and went to look for Luca. I found him and dragged him into the deep part of the forest where no one could see or hear us.

I turned to him and he gave me a shy smile. "Hi" he said in a shaky voice. I slapped him across the face.

"Look here you little runt. I don't know what the moon goddess was thinking of when she selected you as my mate but clearly there has been some mistake. I am gorgeous and flawless while you are a weak, pathetic excuse for a wolf that's not meant to lick the dirt from underneath my designer heels. My mate was meant to be an alpha and just as perfect as me. You are nothing even close. I reject you and if you ever tell anyone we are mates I will have you killed. Do you understand me?" I screamed at him.

"But,but" he stuttered and I kneed him in the stomach and spit on him as he crumbled to the ground. I wasn't giving him a chance to continue, nothing could change my mind. I turned around and stormed off.

"Breathe Ashley" I told myself trying to calm down. I couldn't believe this was happening to me of all people. My wolf took that opprotunity to speak.

"You'll be sorry" she said. It was rare that she spoke. I guess she didn't like that I slept around so she was normally quite. "I don't care we can and WILL do better" I told her and pushed her to the back of my mind.

The next morning I woke up feeling much better. I would simply forget last night ever happened and find someone worthy of me. I was a top notch diva with plenty of men to choose from. No way was I going to let a little runt ruin my reputation. I worked too hard to get to where I am socially and being with someone like him would be a serious downgrade.

I went to take a shower and complete my morning routine after picking out one of my favorite dresses. It was bubble gum pink and came so far above the knee you could call it a shirt. It clung to my body like a second skin and I loved it.

I got dressed, did my makeup, grabbed a granola bar, and headed out the door to school. I parked my car and went inside to find Kay and Rach. I found then standing with some guys in the pack and made my way over. Everything was fine until I smelled his scent.

I turned around and there he stood with a stack of books so high they covered most of his face. He looked pitiful trying to open his locker, struggling because of the books.

"Hey nerd, need some help?" Bryce the third in command said as everyone else burst out laughing. Luca turned a bright shade of red. I walked over to him.

"Here let me help" I said and knocked the books out of his hands.

"Maybe now you can see the dial" I kicked a few of his things as I walked away.

"Ashley that was classic" Bryce said giving me a high five. Maybe this day wouldn't be so bad after all. If it made me look good to torture and torment this nerd so be it.