Chapter 11

She made her way quietly down the corridor, slipping off the shoes so they didn't make any noise. Her steps were precise and calculated. She edged towards the door frame, pressing her body lightly against the wall next to it as she adjusted her hearing.

"Where did the Company want us to strike next?" A male voice asked. Adriane closed her eyes, pursing her lips in effort. 1... 2... 3... 3 heart beats. Three people. She opened her eyes. She couldn't believe it hadn't taken her that long to find out the location of the rogues who took Amber.

"The pack outside of Springfield. They're still reeling over the girl we picked up from the Wisconsin pack. They say she's been an amazing addition. Helps since she had Alpha training." A woman said coolly. Adriane's hand curled tightly in a first, ignoring the pain that came along with the blood.

"How many w-" He was cut off by the woman hissing.

"Do you smell that? Blood. Who's there!" Her voice rose. It was clear to Adriane that the woman was in charge. The other two were men and must have been her goons. She let her claws unleash as she stood ready. She must have silently gestured for the two boys to check out what was happening, because they cautiously stepped out the threshold. She waited for the second one to leave before she jumped out, quickly killing him as she raked her claws harshly across his neck. His scream came out gurgled and he slowly sank to the ground. His colleague whipped around, snarling loudly. His body contorted as he shifted into his wolf.

Adriane moved quickly, wrapping her arms around his neck soon after her shifted and squeezed. She felt the bones shift below her grip. With his neck snapped, his life ended, and he shifted back into his human form. Crumbling to the ground, she stepped over the corpse and headed into the room.

Adriane was slammed in the head, causing her to stumble. She gained her footing and turned around to be punched in the jaw by the woman. The rogue had a snarl twisting her features. Her eyes glowed a haunting , her canine teeth extended to those of a wolf's. Adriane fell backwards next to the desk. She had managed to stay in a sitting position.

The woman rushed her and Adriane found herself grabbing blindly around on the desk. Her fingers wrapped around something thin and metallic, and she brought it down to smash it onto the rogue's head. The blonde fell slack, collapsing to the floor in a heap. Adriane looked to see she had grabbed a desk lamp. She pushed it back onto the desk before standing up.

She dragged the unconscious woman to a chair. She glanced around, trying to find something to tie her with. Adriane's eyes landed on curtain ties, and she sauntered over, ripping the ropes from their positions. She brought them back to the woman, lifting her into the seat and tying her arm to either arm on the chair. She bound her legs to the legs or the seat before tying her waist around the back of the chair. She backed herself onto the couch and sat down, waiting for the rogue to wake up.

•••••

"Tell me." Adriane stated, punching the woman in the nose. There was a sickening crack as blood burst forth from her nostrils. A high-pitched scream escaped from the crack of an old black door, only to be muffled by the booming music coming from the front of the club. Torture had been going on for a few hours and they hadn't gotten any where. Adriane growled under her breath in irritation. She made her way around the hostage, grabbing the fire poker she had set in the fire to heat up. She walked back around, rolling the rod in her hand.

"... I'm not telling you anything, bitch!" The owner of the previous scream choked out, practically spitting blood. She looked to be in her late 20's, her blonde hair that used to be in a tight bun was now loose with fly aways. Her arms and legs were bound to a wooden chair as Adriane stood above her in the dim light with the fire poker. The metal was heated to a searing orangeish-yellow color.

"Please, just tell me. I don't want to keep doing this," Adriane stated condescendingly before drawing closer to the blonde woman's ear, ".... Just tell me where Company is hiding out."

"Go fuck yourself!"

"Fine," She sighed deeply. "Suit yourself. I didn't want to do this," Adriane said callously as she examined the end of the metal rod. "This will all be over once you give me their location."

The woman bound to the chair clenched her jaw, fighting back the urge to scream in agony as the hot rod slow slid into her side. The skin around the rod started boiling and blistering as it sank deeper into her ribs. Her grey pantsuit slowly turned red as the blood seeped out of her body and into her clothing.

"Why... Do you have such... A need... To find... The Company?" the blonde coughed out, blood seeping from the cut on her lower lip.

"That's none of your god damned business, rogue." Adriane jabbed the rod into the blonde's side further, almost puncturing her lungs. She tensed, internally cursing herself for letting her anger get the best of her and almost killing her chance at finding Amber. A heavy sigh rang out from Adriane as she slipped the rod out of the ring leader's ribs and tossed it to the corner of the room.

"Now, tell me. Where are the snakes hiding out at?"

"... If you're here, and not with your pack, Alpha, aren't you a rogue too? Can you really discriminate against me like that, rogue?" The blonde laughed sarcastically at her own words as she threw her head back. Adriane narrowed her eyes. She made her way to the desk, her bare feet padding against the wood floor. There she picked up a silver letter opener.

"Now, just how badly do you want to keep the Company's location away from me?" Adriane practically sang the question as she glided back to her previous position in front of the blonde, tapping the blade against the palm of her hand. The woman laughed hysterically.

"What the hell can you do with a letter opener?" Her laughing died away once Adriane drew closer with a knowing smirk. The rogue tried to back away but her attempts were useless. She tugged against the ropes but her weakened state didn't allow her to break out.

"Now I will ask one last time," Adriane started as she ran the tip of the opener teasingly across her captive's jawline. "Where. Is. The. Company?" The blonde shook her head slightly before clearing her throat.

"Like I told you, you psycho bitch. I'm not telling you a damn thing." She snarled, sending spit mixed with blood towards Adriane. Her smirk faded.

"Then I'm sorry for your noncooperation." Adriane replied, crouching down next to the woman. She drove the blade across the blonde's exposed forearm, slicing layer after layer of skin slowly, causing the shrieks of the woman to crescendo with time. Eventually, there was nothing left but raw muscles.

"Okay! Okay!" She cried, her hair falling in front of her face as sobs wracked her body. "They're in North Dakota! They're in a small town called Haverdson in North Dakota!" Adriane rolled back onto the balls of her feet.

"That wasn't so hard was it? Now, I was planning on sparing your life. But, with your resistance, and the fact that you kidnapped my cousin and gave her to the most known hunter association out there, I decided against that." With that, Adriane shoved the letter opener up through the rogues ribs and into her heart. She jerked forward, a silent scream on her lips as her eyes filled with pain. A breath escaped harshly from her mouth before the light died in her eyes.

Adriane stood up, leaving the scene as it was, and left the room. She grabbed her heels on the way out, holding each heel by one finger on the same hand.

Next stop: Haverdson, North Dakota.