True Colours

Urania
09:56

I wake up and I'm alone in bed. No note, nothing. I guess he's at work. Why does he go so early. I mean... He could work from home. Am I seriously upset because he's not here? I should be planning ways to get out of this prison.

09:57

The blinds are closed but I could tell it was gonna be a stormy one today. There was no sign of the sun yet it was warm.

09:58

I get out of bed and strength. It's almost as if the memories from last night never let my mind because that's the first thing that came to mind this morning.

09:59

One step towards the bathroom, and another, and another...and another...

10:00

And then:

"Urania."

I almost lost my balance as I swiftly jerked my body towards the cold voice that uttered my name. Why was was it back to...being so cold? Okay so he wasn't at work. Now I wish he was.

"Michael?"

"Breakfast is ready. If you're hungry I suggest you come downstairs right now because I'm not waiting." He starts to turn around but not so fast.

"Can I just brush first; and then I'll be downstairs with you?" Desperately trying to find some emotion.

"Suit yourself." And then he just left leaving my heart some-what...bruised. I don't know why, I mean I should I have expected this to happen. What was I thinking? That just one session of love making would change what he was? You're not that stupid Urania.

I quickly freshened up, walked through the long hallways, waltzed downstairs pass the living room and into the dining room to see him sat on the seat, his eyes already on me. I couldn't read his expression but it wasn't the happy one he had yesterday.

I sat down.

"Another second and I would have started without you." He says with attitude.

"Well I didn't ask you to wait; did I?" Shouldn't have made that move.

His eyes got darker and his voice boomed with fury. "Are you fucking giving me attitude? What's your problem?" He slams down his utensils that he had just picked up.

"What's my problem?" I scoffed. What's your problem? You've been acting really nice for the past week and all of a sudden you bring out this beast you hide from everyone else but me! You made love to me, for goodness sake, Michael!"

"You take that back right now! I didn't make love to you, I would never make love to you!" Okay I'm offended. "I fucked you! That's all that was last night. Fucking, that's all."

"Why..." My voice cracked. "Why do you do that?" I look dead into his eyes.

"Do what?"

"Why do you act like the nicest person one minute and then rip my heart out with all your might the next. Do you think I'm a piece of machinery or something? I get it Michael, you hate females, somewhere along the line some woman broke your heart, but it's not fair to make me suffer for another woman's wrong doings. Why are you even keeping me here? At first I thought it was because you're lonely but now I see that you just get pleasure from torturing women! Sick son of a bitch!" I got up to walk away but he leaped at me. I tried to break away from him but he places his hands in my neck and just refuses to let go.