Chapter 7- Truth and Lies

• Dedicated to Sweetie7Smiled

Author’s note: Welcome back to Leave Me! It seems to be a running tradition that I apologise at the beginning of my updates. I know all of the readers of this story are wonderfully understanding, so I don’t really feel the need to apologise, but I am truly sorry for how long it has taken to update this and the rest of my stories.

I am currently on ‘holidays’ from my Doctorate course, but I am still working part-time, and have research papers to write :( So as much as I detest it, fanfics have to take a back seat. I am not sure how many more updates I will be able to fit in before I return to uni in a month, but we’ll see. Wish me luck!

A special thanks to Sweetie7Smiled on fanfiction.net for being such a wonderful support during the writing of this chapter- thank you for reminding me just how intricate my previous chapters have been! Quite a few of the insights made in this chapter were thanks to you! :)

Anyway, on to Chapter 7: let’s see what Albus and Severus make of Edward ;)

Happy reading!!!

‘Leave Me’ 

Chapter 7- Truth and Lies

Severus’ POV 

I barely noticed Albus leave what remained of my memory; my mind was elsewhere. I stared through one of the bar’s windows to the street outside, though nothing out there registered in my mind. My spine was reverberating with a strange excitement; my body was telling me that the question I had been pondering over for the last five minutes was a vital one, if I could just discover the answer. I silently listed the facts I knew about the boy, followed by the contradictions in his knowledge and behaviour. Nothing made sense, perhaps that is what the boy desired. Yet, the truth must be embedded somewhere among the words that composed our discussion.

After a further ten minutes of staring blindly at the deserted lane beyond the bar, I decided that Albus may provide a helpful sounding-board off of which I could put forth my hypotheses. After relaxing from my rigid state, and rolling my neck and shoulders, I took a deep breath and turned away from the window. Once I silently voiced my intention to leave the Pensieve, I looked at the ceiling and watched myself float upwards towards the present.

I landed gently in Dumbledore’s office and immediately noticed multiple book volumes sitting on his desk. These were not here before. As one would expect, Albus’ glasses were part-way down his nose as he skimmed through the hefty volume directly in front of him. Despite my re-appearance, he did not seem to notice me.

This boy has distracted the both of us, I reflected, part in bitterness and the other in amusement. I had never heard of Dumbledore being so heavily preoccupied, and admit to gaining some pleasure in providing his mind with a mystery such as this one.

I cleared my throat strategically in order to gain his attention. As I expected, he looked up at me, a prominent smile on his face.

“Please sit down, Severus,” Dumbledore welcomed me, as he sheepishly manoeuvred some of his volumes so we would be able to see one another eye-to-eye from the seated position.

I slowly did as I was asked; I was trying to glimpse at the books Albus had chosen to scour.

Mythical Creatures of Europe; Sub-species of the Human Race; Part-human breeds and where to find them; and Other Magical Beings: What else is out there?