Chapter Four

Dec 22, 2015

Louis walked towards the wrapping section of the store, two more gifts in his hand, one for Niall and the other for Liam. Most of the things he bought weren't even from this store, he'd just came to basically see Harry. The girl at the counter didn't object but one of the mangers did once but Louis had just flashed a twenty his way and that was pretty much it. He had a smile on his face as he approached the table Harry was sitting behind.

Instead of a smile like usually Harry just asked him if that was all, and began to wrap the presents without speaking. That was usual even though he'd only known Harry for four days. The other three days were all smiles, giggles, and red cheeks from embarrassment.

"Is their something wrong, dimples." He didn't get an answer, just silence apart from the paper being cut and tape being pulled off.

Louis frowned,"Harry," He spoke more softly, the concern evident in the way he spoke."Talk to me."

Harry sighed, his gaze drifting up to Louis. "What Lou?"

"What's wrong with you? You know you can tell me." Louis says, as he leans over the table. Harry actually steps back away from him slightly, but it doesn't faze Louis at all.

"It's stupid, trust me." Harry replies, then sits down in the chair behind him. He looks completely defeated at the moment, and Louis doesn't like that look on him.

Louis confidently walks around the table till he's standing in front of Harry, he sits down on the edge of the table and crosses his arms over his chest. Harry looks as if he's intimated by him at the moment, he probably is. Sure Louis always been known to take confrontation by the balls, he didn't bullshit around.

"I'm pretty sure it's not stupid if it concerns you. Obviously you're very upset about it, so tell me I'm all ears." Louis smiles down at him, a soft smile on his lips.

A long drawn out sigh leaves Harry before he's looking back up at Louis. He doesn't want to seem like he's overreacting over nothing. I mean Louis doesn't seem like he'll get this upset over something like this, maybe he's just being dramatic. Also he doesn't want to seem like he's acting like a child, especially not in front of Louis. Yeah, he definitely doesn't want to seem like he's a child.

"Well my friends set me up on this blind date." Harry starts talking, he nervously fiddles with his fingers while looking up at Louis.

"Your asshole friends set you up with someone." Louis repeats, his tone sounding bitter but Harry didn't catch it."I'm guessing it didn't go so well?"

Harry shakes his head."It was horrible. He wouldn't stop touching me, which wouldn't have been so bad if he was trying to hold my hand. No he wasn't interested in getting to know me at all, he just wanted one thing from me. Do you know what that one thing was?" Harry snaps, his voice raising a couple octaves.

"What your hand in marriage?"

"Ha funny, no he wanted to have sex with me. Can you believe that?" Harry throws his hands up, his green eyes going wide at the thought of it.

"Oooh that's so scandalous." Louis replies, his hand going up to cover his mouth. Even though the whole thing pissed him off he did want to see Harry smile.

Harry glared up at him. A smile was fighting it's way onto his face, and he was failing miserably to fight against it. Louis just grinned back innocently, and reached out to poke at his dimples. Harry couldn't really stop the smile from slipping onto his face then.

"Stop," Harry giggled, and grabbed both of Louis hands in his."There's more."

"More?" Louis laughs, while holding onto Harry's hands. He ignored the warmth that he felt from holding his hands.

Harry nodded, as he began to swing their hands a little. The fact that he was holding Louis hands stopped his mood from worsening. "He got a little pissed when I wouldn't have sex with him, and well he left me at the movies. No one would answer my texts or calls, so I just ended up walking back home in the cold."

"What," Louis finally snaps, eyes narrowing into slits. How could someone be so cruel to his baby?"What's his name and where does he live?"

"Umm Luke," Harry says, eyebrows furrowed in confusion."Why do you want to know where he lives." He asks.

"So I can write him a letter," Louis scoffed, eyes rolling."What do you think? I want to beat his ass." Louis tells him.

Harry's eyes widened at this, then he stands up and places his hands on Louis shoulders before speaking."You could get in trouble for that. I'm fine honestly you don't need to go through all that trouble because of me."

Harry smiles down at Louis before he takes in how close he'd gotten to him. Though Louis doesn't seem to mind the nonexistent space between them, so he doesn't step back. He really wants to kiss him but that'd be to soon to do since he's only known him for four days. He doesn't want to seem like he's easy or desperate either.

"You know that Luke guy is missing out on a great guy." Louis says, as he absencentmindly plays with a button on Harry's shirt. Harry just smiles down at him as he looks up at the same time, and now he really does want to kiss Louis.

"That doesn't look like work to me." A voice cuts in from behind him, making both of the boys jump apart. Louis didn't really dwell on the women just moved from the table so Harry could work.

"I'm sorry carol," Harry tells the old women, who just huffs in response and walks away.

"Carol seems nice." Louis laughs.

"Shhh," Harry actually shh's him and whispers."She has bat ears like you've never seen."

"Well," Louis leans in, watching as Harry cheeks burn red before he whispers."I guess we're going to have to get closer to whisper."

Harry plays along."I think she'll still hear us."

Louis nods, and pulls his phone out of his pockets."Then maybe you should put your number in my phone so we won't have to whisper."

"That was smooth." Harry laughs, while taking the phone from Louis outstretched hand.

"Yeah it was," he shrugs, as Harry types his number on his phone."but it'll also be easier for you to call me the next time someone abandons you."

If Harry could speak at that moment he'd probably be to choked up to do it, and he wishes he had someone like Louis to call his own.