Chapter 44

Songs:

Overdose: Alessia Cara

Let Her Go: Passenger

The Scientist: Coldplay

Love Me Or Leave Me: Little Mix

If You Ever Leave Me: Bruno Mars

Me, Myself And I: Beyonce

A.J.'s POV

I sat on the edge of the hotel bed that Harry and I should have shared the night before, twirling the cross pendant around my fingers. I honestly didn't know what to do, but I knew I couldn't stay here another moment. I had to get away before he got back and tried to talk again. I looked through the entire room,until I found what I was looking for, my plane ticket.

I called the airline, trying to change my flight for an earlier time. Harry would be busy the entire day, so I had plenty of time to get out of here before he even noticed. I just wanted time to cool off. Unfortunately, with my luck, there were no flights available. I paced around the room, still packing my bags, trying to come up with another option.

The only other idea I could think of was a private plane. I hated the idea, but it was my only other option other than waiting for the stupid flight which would entail having to sit next to Harry and actually have to deal with him.

Once I finished my internal debate, I dialed my grandpa's number. I asked him about a private plane, which thrilled him, a little too much. He promised to set it up and give me a call with the details. While I waited, I decided to go let Sam know that I wasn't going to stick around. I owed her at least that.

I knocked on her door a few times before the door swung open revealing a half ready Samara. "What's wrong baby girl?" She asked, pulling me through the door.

"I'm leaving early, I just have to get some things done for Max and I'll meet you guys in L.A.," I sort of lied.

"Max is just going to start taking advantage of you now that your back isn't he?" she rolled her eyes. "I love that old man, but he gets on my nerves sometimes."

"It's fine Sam, it's only a few days and I'll be staying at home so, I'll also get to see Alicia," I shrugged, faking a smile. "I'll see you guys in a few days okay?"

"Wait, does Harry know?"

"I'm leaving him a note, he'll understand though." He better.

She looked at me for a minute before smiling, "okay, have a safe flight and text me when you land safely."

"I will," I promised, hugging her tightly before going back to my room.

As I sat on the bed, my grandpa called, giving me the details, I scribbled everything down before hanging up and shoving the piece of paper in my pocket. I wrote Harry another note quickly, leaving it in the same place as the first before heading out.

The moment I got into the taxi, I felt a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. If everything went as planned, I'd have at least four days free of Harry.

The early morning, Dallas traffic made a fifteen minute drive into a complete hour drive. Once we had made it to the hanger my grandpa had told me to go to, the idea of getting on a private plane alone began to resonate with me, I began to panic and get scared. I wasn't one to be afraid of planes, but I'd seen enough movies to know private planes carried a little bit more risk. All I wanted was to turn and curl up in Harry's arms. Which was only a cruel reminder that he was the reason I was getting on the stupid thing to begin with.